The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you already have a maratac one? How easy is it to use one handed? Does it ever turn on in your pocket?

I bought two maratac copper flashlight through MD. The 3a, pretty cool. Lightweight. Nice clip. It will not turn on in your pocket, it's a twisty. The other one was a bit fatter, different type of battery, also twisty. What you can have with twisties is that if you want, you can actually turn them on by screwing them only slightly away from the point of contact that will turn on the light, and then pressing them on the back which will create the contact anyway.

The copper one I ordered somewhere last month with the clicky cap is not maratac though, it was a Lumintop. Still have to receive that.

So you already have a maratac one? How easy is it to use one handed? Does it ever turn on in your pocket?

Oh and it's really easy to turn on one handed. Not too tight, very easy to twist with thumb and pointer finger while pressing it in your palm.

easy to use one-handed, not as easy a a clicky-tailed light but still easy enough. I never had it turn on in my pocket.

the AR is coming along nicely. picked up a Magpul CTR stock for it today, and I have a left handed selector switch coming from stag arms

First, the Yuengling Summer Wheat is most excellent.

yuengling-summer-wheat-e1397067247599.jpg

Second, not to sound too high-fallutin', but our Walmart now has complimentary valet parking. I don't know how you poor, self-parking bastards live without it.

image_zpsa4vhk09r.jpg

Third, I heard these were discontinued, so...

image_zpsucahw5yt.jpg

Fourth, there's this...

image_zpszega0pik.jpg

Getting ready to go on a night hike up a nearby mountain in an attempt to take pictures of the night sky. Temps should be in the lower 30s and the sky is clear.

Hopefully we get some awesome pictures.

Jeremy

Well I was going to go play with the BK20 and a few other things today but the starter in my K5 took a dump. It literally happened as I was trying to start it to leave the gas station and head up the mountain. If it had given me one more crank I'd be stranded in the mountains right now. The gas station is across the street from my apartment so I had a buddy come over and steer the Blazer while I towed it with my S10 back over to my place. To top it off the starter was under warranty so I didn't even have to pay for the new one. I'm gonna chalk that up to a small miracle and send up a big thanks to the man upstairs. Maybe tomorrow or Monday I'll get to play with the new blade. I should try to find a spot closer to home and easier to get to to test out new choppers.

What would you have had with you if you ended up camping it out for a few days I'd it had broken down while you were in rhe sticks? Would you have been prepared enough to be OK?

What would you have had with you if you ended up camping it out for a few days I'd it had broken down while you were in rhe sticks? Would you have been prepared enough to be OK?

Well I'd have fire and shelter but there are permanent residents and cell signal within walking distance so I would have just had to wait a couple hours for someone to come get me and take me to a parts store 30 minutes away. I'd be stuck but I wouldn't need to stick it out overnight and wait for a SAR party to locate me or anything.

Still, it would have turned a minor inconvenience into an all-day ordeal.

10-4. I wasn't sure how far out in the stick you would have been going. Sounds like it wouldn't have been too bad.

Getting ready to go on a night hike up a nearby mountain in an attempt to take pictures of the night sky. Temps should be in the lower 30s and the sky is clear.

Hopefully we get some awesome pictures.

Jeremy

Very cool man, hope they turn out. Would love to see them.

That's my nightmare scenario right there, get back from an overnighter and not have a starting vehicle. Most of the areas we camp in don't have cell coverage or permanent residences so it'd be a few hours of walking to get to a place to make a call.

Made meatball sandwiches for supper for papa and I tonight. Ended up having to take a nap before eating but it was worth it!

IMG_20160423_224234_hdr.jpg

Oh... Dex knows. Would one have to venture into wally world in order to obtain one of those?

Made meatball sandwiches for supper for papa and I tonight. Ended up having to take a nap before eating but it was worth it!

IMG_20160423_224234_hdr.jpg

That looks mighty tasty.

I was sitting around checking out a few knives and decided I should have another 15 or two. Hopefully I can find at least one at a decent price. I know someone had said they looked quite a bit and had a hard time finding one. Maybe a new tweener will come out and be packaged with a 15 like the 20 was packaged with a 4 and 5.

That looks mighty tasty.

I was sitting around checking out a few knives and decided I should have another 15 or two. Hopefully I can find at least one at a decent price. I know someone had said they looked quite a bit and had a hard time finding one. Maybe a new tweener will come out and be packaged with a 15 like the 20 was packaged with a 4 and 5.

I just ordered a brand new one from an online knife retailer. He had three left. It sold for the same as a new 16 or 17. I had to look for a while to locate ones in stock. You can send me an email if you'd like and I'll try to help locate one for you.

Redmech at yahoo dot com

I just ordered a brand new one from an online knife retailer. He had three left. It sold for the same as a new 16 or 17. I had to look for a while to locate ones in stock. You can send me an email if you'd like and I'll try to help locate one for you.

Redmech at yahoo dot com

Thanks. I'll try to remember to email you later today.

I just placed my first order with the 710. I've been meaning to place an order for a while, but I just kept forgetting. I got a couple of his $21 bk11/14/24 sheaths and a taco sheath with leather belt loop for my Magua. I still need at least another half dozen more sheaths, so I'll probably be back a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back