The " Roosters " are crowing for the " Farmers"

The brass looks great on the knives above!
From what I saw on the older Farmer Jacks on the pages before,
there has also been some with brass and some with steel liners/pins.

I recently got into the Farmers Jack game myself as I have gotten bit by the vintage slip joint bug many years ago lol!! I can thank my wonderful dad for that. My wife bought me a old C+X Lockwood Brothers Farmers Jack with stag covers from one of my best friends. My buddy has one of the most amazing Camillus, and Case collections in the state. I will try and find a way to post up a few pictures of it real soon. This knife in amazing condition for its age I believe it's a pre 1920. The pruning blade and spey blade are as full as a brand new knife!!!! This is my most prized knife not only because my wife got it for me, but it also came from a very dear friend.

I recently got into the Farmers Jack game myself as I have gotten bit by the vintage slip joint bug many years ago lol!! I can thank my wonderful dad for that. My wife bought me a old C+X Lockwood Brothers Farmers Jack with stag covers from one of my best friends. My buddy has one of the most amazing Camillus, and Case collections in the state. I will try and find a way to post up a few pictures of it real soon. This knife in amazing condition for its age I believe it's a pre 1920. The pruning blade and spey blade are as full as a brand new knife!!!! This is my most prized knife not only because my wife got it for me, but it also came from a very dear friend.
Lets see that bad boy!

Lucked into another Schrade Walden last weekend, was a just listed Buy It Now for a very low price, knife has seen little use and can still see original Schrade grind marks, looks like it sat in someones garage or shed and rusted. Has factory spinner damage to the bone at the center pin, guess even the old knives weren't perfect.

IMG_9223.jpg IMG_9224.jpg IMG_9228.jpg IMG_9231.jpg

Nice grab John, still a good looking knife, I think the minute flaws can be overlooked.

Russell

Nice knife John. You’re an eBay master. Donna’s getting a nice collection. That knife has great bone, looks familiar. Thanks for posting here.

That bone is exceptionally choice, see how it goes to the bolsters and how the shield is just right for the jigging pattern. Some shrink? on the pile side and that pin damage would soon blend in with pocket carry smoothing it down :cool: To think the Old Boy has been pining away for perhaps decades in some box or garage he looks in remarkably good order- just waiting for somebody to release him from knife Hades:D Really worthy find :thumbsup:

My Lick Creek sees a lot of carry and daylight, when it's not in m'pocket it's on my desk to admire. My all time favourite SFO, a delight!:thumbsup:

wJj3HTz.jpg

Lucked into another Schrade Walden last weekend, was a just listed Buy It Now for a very low price, knife has seen little use and can still see original Schrade grind marks, looks like it sat in someones garage or shed and rusted. Has factory spinner damage to the bone at the center pin, guess even the old knives weren't perfect.

View attachment 976637 View attachment 976638 View attachment 976639 View attachment 976640
Lyle's right, Augie!! You are the EbayMeister!!!

Great grab John, .....John do you work?, 'cause you keep grabbing all the goodies matey?:D :thumbsup:
Maybe if John digs deep he may find some more Rooster digging around his yard?

If Paul leaves that on his Desk when I am there in 18 months or so, he may find a slight change to the look of his Desk hehehehe....I can just see Paul come home...sit down at his desk....look around and just not get what he is seeing different, next minute ' That Son Of a .... :D

Augie Augie Those Queens are not an easy find, I think the Winterbottom is outstanding, really suits the pattern actually.

Thanks, Will

I had an extra pearl John, but it snuck off to the pawn shop :( They appear occasionally. I’ll trade you mine for that Bartlett Manufacturing. :)

Thanks JB. I have the pictures. That was from Dr T’s pattern, I worked with David on it. Funny, I had two of Dr T’s and one snuck off to the pawn shop or somewhere same time I lost the pearl Queen.

Lovely pruning blade Reese ground. He made one I’ve never seen that was at the Blade Show in ‘17,but I never saw it or any pictures.

Getting close, wife and I have been trying to put together a collection of all the Queen made Farmers Jacks and I think I only have the MOP to go, added the brown bone this week.
Absolutely fabulous John.

Titusville green worm groove  455.jpg Titusville 2009s farmer jacks457.jpg I forgot to mention John, ya'll need the green wormgroove .

There were 7 versions (100 of each) of the 2009 Titusvilles made by Queen and 6 handle variations ( stag, fire oak,green wormgrove,winterbottom,pearl,and mastodon ivory). One steel variation in stag,a stag ATS34,differentiated by the ATS34 shield.

Last edited:
Back