The SR-MagnaCut Galley Rat Is Coming Sunday, 4-23-2023 At 9:00 PM Eastern!

What kind of edge angles are we talking?

By all accounts SR-101 (52100) should handle low edge angles very well having very good edge stability, it's literally known for that, similar to AEB-L.

Definitely interested to know how Magnacut compares to SR-101 in lower edge angles with respect to edge stability and strength in general.
Test them yourself and learn from it. Bring the edge down to 15dps and start testing on different materials. I did my testing on Non-abrasives(wood). Use another knife for reference... play with angles.

A thin one! That's what I'm talking about.. definitely grabbing one of these. Nice design VooDooWitchDoctor VooDooWitchDoctor
In my honest opinion, it has been a real treat testing this blade. I will definitely be packing one of these for camping and hunting this year. The Galley Rat in SR-MagnaCut has done an amazing job with field dressing and various meal prep duties. The handle design feels like one of the most natural shapes you could possibly ask for in fine cutting tasks.

In my honest opinion, it has been a real treat testing this blade. I will definitely be packing one of these for camping and hunting this year. The Galley Rat in SR-MagnaCut has done an amazing job with field dressing and various meal prep duties. The handle design feels like one of the most natural shapes you could possibly ask for in fine cutting tasks.
I'm stoked to buy one for sure. You guys have any plans going forward for a bigger camp chef knife?

Dang it! I’m trying to save for a 1311, but you just had to make a kitchen knife…

Last edited:
Cryo Monster MagnaCut, I'm in.

Never pulled the trigger on Black and Tan, so two birds with one stone.

Swamp Rat
SR-MagnaCut Galley Rat

Just in time for summer barbeques along with camping and hiking season, the Galley Rat rises to the challenge of being the best all-around Camp-Kitchen Knife on the market today.

The Galley Rat brings form and function to a whole new level with excellent geometry designed for fine slicing. This wonderful blade features a ridiculously comfortable and highly controllable handle.

Working closely with Busse Knife Company we have developed a heat-treat protocol that allows SR-MagnaCut to achieve performance levels that are ideal for the intended task of this design. With a hardness of 61 - 63 Rc, you can rest assured that the Galley Rat will hold an edge in the most severe of camp kitchen tasks. Our proprietary heat-treat protocol, featuring deep cryogenic cycles and Transversion Wave tempering destroys the old adage that, "Knives that hold an edge forever, stay dull forever". The Galley Rat's SR-MagnaCut steel has been optimized for ease of re-sharpening and long-lasting edge retention.

Gally Rat Specs:
Overall Length: Approx. 8.5”
Blade Length: Approx. 4.25”
Blade Thickness: Approx. .090”
Blade Steel: SR-MagnaCut
Hardness: 61-63 Rc
Bevel: Flat Saber
Handle: Black & Tan G10
Blade Finish: Stonewashed*
*(Light machining marks may be visible)
Optional Danny the Bull sheath, Regular price of $39.95 / Special offer is $29.95. (You save $10)

Price: $228.95

Please Note:

- Production will take 2 to 8 weeks.
- Orders require one of the following; A $60 Down Payment due at time of order with the balance due upon completion, OR Fully prepaid.
- You can cancel your order at any time and get a full refund. Repeated cancellations may make you ineligible to place additional pre-orders.

Only The Toughest Can Survive The Swamp!

VooDoo

View attachment 2158381
Will there be an option for Micarta?

The Galley Rat is being offered in Black and Tan G10.

It will be up for sale on the Busse Combat website at 9 PM 4/23/23.

Back