The SR-MagnaCut Galley Rat Is Coming Sunday, 4-23-2023 At 9:00 PM Eastern!

Man, in my current situation, I'm broke as a joke.

Here are my current "inner perimeter"/camp "food prep" favorites...

20230425_213721 (BF).jpg

Despite that, Jerry and VooDoo hooked 'em another "sucker".*
fpalm.gif

*Yeah, I ordered me one.
bluduh.gif

Come on!
It’s the wizards of HT offering a first in new steel…
That alone is worth checking out what they managed to squeeze out of MagnaCut…
Sure, micarta handles option would be a huge plus, but getting on the first ever…

I received my credit card statement showing that Busse had charged it. I went to the Busse site and checked the "order status" and it said "order completed". I have not received it yet so I guess the "order completed" means that the knife was made but not shipped yet. ?"?"?

I received my credit card statement showing that Busse had charged it. I went to the Busse site and checked the "order status" and it said "order completed". I have not received it yet so I guess the "order completed" means that the knife was made but not shipped yet. ?"?"?

That just means you have paid for the order. No way to tell if the knife has been made or not yet. I had fully paid for my Galley Rat, and said order was marked “Completed” after doing so. Previous orders, such as the Choppasaurus, are marked as “Shipped”. Oddly enough, the order status didn’t change to “Shipped” until I received the blade. I only knew it had shipped because UPS sent me an email saying as much.

Correct.
I just checked my order status, & *my* Galley Rats are still awaiting fulfillment- But every order I've already received from years back to the Chopposaurus are marked "Shipped" in the orders status as the last update. 🤙

Correct.
I just checked my order status, & *my* Galley Rats are still awaiting fulfillment- But every order I've already received from years back to the Chopposaurus are marked "Shipped" in the orders status as the last update. 🤙

I assume you only paid the $60 up front?

Mine landed this morning! 😎 Uses the smaller handle rivets, which we haven't seen for quite awhile. Would like to see these more often on smaller knives.

Feels nice in hand. Kind of like a mix between a chef and a paring knife. Nice and thin BTE. Will need to get it run through some kitchen tasks ASAP.

IMG_9012.jpg

IMG_9010.jpg

Mine landed this morning! 😎 Uses the smaller handle rivets, which we haven't seen for quite awhile. Would like to see these more often on smaller knives.

Feels nice in hand. Kind of like a mix between a chef and a paring knife. Nice and thin BTE. Will need to get it run through some kitchen tasks ASAP.

View attachment 2186794

View attachment 2186795

So awesome to see people starting to get their hands on these! They are sure to become a favorite, and definitely are in this neck of the woods.

Imgur is being weird, so I can’t share pics atm. The stonewashed finish looks good, and the handle feels awesome. My blade has some spotting on the back, and it already has some rainbow patina going on in some areas. Curious to see what these will look like after heavy use.

Imgur is being weird, so I can’t share pics atm. The stonewashed finish looks good, and the handle feels awesome. My blade has some spotting on the back, and it already has some rainbow patina going on in some areas. Curious to see what these will look like after heavy use.
Mine looked the same right out of the package. There is something on the blade (WD-40 maybe?). Soap and hot water did not remove it all. However, acetone did, so maybe wipe yours down (and then wash) and see if that's it?

That patina is actually a very light application of a rust-prohibitive that was designated for use on all Swamp Rat knives when they were made out of SR-101 steel . . .

MagnaCut obviously does not need this added protection and the directive has been issued to no longer use it on either the MagnaCut or the SR-3V blades.

Acetone will remove it quite easily.

Sorry about that. . . .

Let's Drink!

Jerry

No rush to photo, as they're all the same, but just got my pair & I love 'em 👍👍 Blade is SAS & the handle ergos rock! 🙂
Hopefully we see more in other handles & custom shop versions & variants 🤞😁

Back