The tale of three Bowies! Poppa Bowie, Momma Bowie and Bawanna Bowie.

Bawanna

Once upon a time in a place not very far away at all three beautiful bowies arrived via USPS. Now Cinderella didn't have a clue what USPS was or what a bowie was for that matter so lets just leave her to her own tale.

Along with these three bowies was a beautiful all the way live real deal British WWII Kuhkri fully dressed in it's original scabbard with Karda and Chakmak intact and looking fine. It's way beautiful and feels wonderful in hand.

The little pistol was in the final stages of new grips so I just left it in the picture, I know not why, guess cause it was there?

Another shot of the WWII

Ain't she pretty and ain't she in super fine shape. Heretofore we shall call her "The Ransom".
Three horn handles, we take a moment to thank the water buffalo's who provided their head gear for this mission.

Here we have the three beautiful bowies properly taped and ready for head scratching, planning, a little praying for luck. My thoughts all day was if poppa bowie falls off the bench that tape ain't gonna do my feet one lick of good. I think she'd stick in the concrete. Now I called poppa bowie a she, I'll surely pay for that.

Preliminary road map, thinking and planning and a bit more praying.

Here we have first pass side one, completed at 10:45 PST, started at 8ish.

As of 6 this evening we got two passes complete on both sides of Poppa Bowie. Happy to report all the scary stuff is over on the first one. The diamond worked out perfect, no goofs, all is well. Did a skip line pattern with a diamond around the center pin. If all goes well momma and bawanna will match. I hope.

Now its time to stuff some groceries down my neck and work on some fishing lures (3rd job don't ask) We assemble for Dick Nite lures.

The saga continues.

Skip line with diamond, Papa Bowie's looking good! A handsome family, and The Ransom is awesome.

Gosh durn it Karda or mods, I meant to put this in the Cantina but with all the horn dust circulating in my brain I goofed.

Yall can move it if you want or leave it or what ever you want to do, your in charge, try not to fire anybody.

Long as we're playing show and tell, here's a cradle I built for my due any minute granddaughter. Wife called it something else, trundel?
If you get it swinging fast enough it'll go all the way over. Mom was not keen on that plan though?

Wife did some padding and a little mattress for it. Biggest thing I made in awhile. Maybe a puppy house next, naw she's an inside puppy and shares my dang pillow, don't need no doghouse. Oh sorry Ndog, didn't mean to drag you into this here conversation.

Very nice family there! That WWII looks like it would be at home right next to its grandpappy longleaf too! Love that brown sheath and its a complete set! So skip line for the whole family! Wow! Cant wait to see that! You got some aspercream for your wrists Bawanna? Might need some for you neck and eyes too? Owwwwch!

Hey dmc. .. Idea! wonder if Bawanna would do some skip line on our surfboards? no more wax or epoxy and sugar mix ya know:thumbup:

WoW!!! Crossed posts? Cool cradle man! If my calculations are right its just about that time aint it? Grandpappy! gandpa! Pawpaw! Bawannapa! Whats it gonna be? Stay out of them airports for a while!

Last edited:
Precisely my thinking weedhopper. I plan to make a proper home for the WWII right next to that gorgeous Longleaf. Maybe I'll work on that tomorrow during neck and eye breaks. It actually didn't get me too bad today. Labor of love me thinks.
We'll see what the morning brings, morning after sometimes can be brutal.

Lookin good dude. Congrats on that nice WWII and nice job on the crib as well. If you spin it around fast enough it'll hold the baby in with centripetal force!

lol dirtbiker yes it is one of the set I bought from you-- I sent to bawanna for all his hours of work on my bowies-- I kept the other for my own collection, but thought bawanna craftsmanship deserved special payment, thanks again for selling it to me :D

great thread bawanna, things look awesome, look forward to seeing the rest and hoping the ransom does not live up to its name :D

Dang dude you got some serious skills, but I already knew that, those bowies will make a nice set, and that WWII is amazing and I know it will hang in a place of honor on you wall. As for that little peanut cradle you built, as you would say, consider my dress blown up!!! What a great job man and I know the little one will be snug as a bug in it and sleep, sleep, sleep. Good on ya sir, my hats off to ya.

Yes indeed, We have some seriously talented folks here. That checkering job is incredible Bawanna and so fun to watch as you work through it.
But the cradle is perfect. Nothing else to say about it, just Perfect!

As our saga continues we discover that one of Cinderella's seven dwarfs was grumpy. Not enough HI in that little dwarfs life obviously.

Well again biggest part of today spent on poppa bowie. Just hit it with Ballistol, didn't have any pure mineral oil but I use it all the time so it works for me and boy does the horn come alive when you apply it.

I think pending the morning after inspection poppa is done.

One down, two to go. And the handles get a bit smaller as we go. Gotta scramble in a few new cutter heads. Should cut a little quicker.
This horn is good stuff, but hard which is ideal for checkering if that makes the tiniest bit of sense at all.

It's freehand kind of sort of. You cut one line with a v tool and then there are cutters where one side rides in that cut and another cuts a parallel line. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the tools next time I got the camera out.

kool, i sent you a ems about a possible checkering job:), i am googling info on the subject so we can be on the same page, when we talk further.

Looking great Bawanna! Are you doing all of them skip line? ughhh...dont tell me..I guess you'll have to kill me then.

Back