The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

98SLfqv.jpg
You have palm trees in Austin? Is that pocket worn old red bone?

You have palm trees in Austin? Is that pocket worn old red bone?
Yep, I have a couple of them in my yard. On windy days, the dead fronds blow down and I have to gather them for yard-waste collection.
It's definitely pocket worn, but I'm not sure if it's red bone, or something Case called Pretty Bone. It has an orangey color in some lighting.
d5ZSrWJ.jpg
Hka6RJ8.jpg

Thanks it turned out pretty good
G2

Yep, I have a couple of them in my yard. On windy days, the dead fronds blow down and I have to gather them for yard-waste collection.
It's definitely pocket worn, but I'm not sure if it's red bone, or something Case called Pretty Bone. It has an orangey color in some lighting.
d5ZSrWJ.jpg
Hka6RJ8.jpg
I think maybe you mentioned the palm trees a few months ago. Plenty of them here. In my yard too.
That bone does look a little orange. Bought pocket worn old red bone knife recently for my wife--she picked it out--with SS blades. Smaller version of an old Kutmaster stockman her father gave her.
Stockman is a great pattern.

These are all my traditional style knives. The Old Timer on the left was my first pocket knife. I picked it out one morning going fishing when I was 13 and carried it for years. It's a US made. The Case in the middle, which I believe is a full size Stockman, was a gift I received from my mom about ten years ago. The Case on the right was a more recent acquisition. When carrying traditionals kinda resparked my interest a bit I decided to pick out the "perfect" one. This mini Copperlock is it.

zVyu7TW.jpg

WOW Ron, two stunning knives my friend:cool: where those rendezvous knives?
Thanks for the compliment Paul! :) These were not Rendezvous knives. If I remember the story correctly they made these up with leftover sheepfoot blades from the 77 NF Barlow’s. The covers are called Oily Creek Bone. They were distributed to dealers and they only made 31 according to the production totals. I got these two from Bob Andrews. They were the only two he had. I was at the right place at the right time. :) I remember when I posted them the first time people were commenting about them. The rumor was at that time that they only made 19 total, ole Bob posted, “If you snooze you lose, ain’t that right Ron!” I miss ole Bob! He was a great person to deal with! :thumbsup:

Back