The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

I don't have a problem with raising our price a bit, as long as it results in a reasonable knife. A well made, customized knife for $100 is getting hard to find, I'm sure.

I understand, "The forum knife should be something special" sentiment, but the forum knife shouldn't be just a way to get volume pricing on a glitzy custom knife. Raising the price will mean less participation, that's just a given. We shouldn't go out of our way to price people out of a forum knife. I also support the idea of giving whoever handles the transaction a few bucks for his suffering.

I've been a life member of the Buck Collector's Club since the late 80s. The club knife was something I really looked forward to. One year the price jumped BIG. It was a beautiful knife, but way beyond my means, and subsequent annual knives were just as pricey. I didn't buy, and haven't bought an annual knife since. The club catered to a select few, the only way to participate in elections is to attend the Blade show, and so on. The club left me behind in a cloud of greenback fueled smoke.

Let's not do that.

Buck 110 Lockbacks? Oh yeah! Everybody needs a few.........OH

Buck-110-1968-1988.jpg
howling for effect.

It would be wise to make everyone pay in advance

It's been tried. It didn't work. It caused some major headaches and bad feelings. It's one of the reasons the last few voting years were specified "don't vote if you're not going to buy", and we still have a significant number of people who either drop out or want to cancel.

Last I recall, the mods reached out to GEC for info. Is that where everything is at right now?

I suggested this knife last year - this year it could be a contender

aN6HAUh.jpg
First suggestion I've seen that's gotten a response from me. That would be an excellent all around knife. Even with just our name would make it special for me.

Its a half joking post. But the knife itself is a Colada - I own its sister the Kizlyar Nikki, and it is a seriously good blade. One of my favourite fixed blades.

I'm seized up. I only have ideas, wishes and dreams. I can't make it happen. I appreciate those who can and have in the past so much more now. A thankless job I'm sure, every step of the way.

Back