The "Whatever" Thread

I bought my Cummins diesel fully loaded and lifted in 06 for 30k. Looked at trucks the other day. The new version of my truck is 80k .. wtf
My 2006 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (2wd) had a sticker price of $26k - I bought it for $20k new. A comparable truck today would sticker for the high 30's or low 40's.
I was shopping GMC Denalis (2500) and they were in the upper 70's and low 80's.
Good thing my truck seems to be doing fine with 180K miles on it. I hardly drive it now that I have moved to TN.

best

mqqn

My 2006 Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (2wd) had a sticker price of $26k - I bought it for $20k new. A comparable truck today would sticker for the high 30's or low 40's.
I was shopping GMC Denalis (2500) and they were in the upper 70's and low 80's.
Good thing my truck seems to be doing fine with 180K miles on it. I hardly drive it now that I have moved to TN.

best
mqqn
My first new car, a Subaru cost me $8000. Not going to say the year, but it was a while ago.

We live in rural SW Virginia and are lucky to normally be sheltered from many things that are associated with metropolitan areas. Last night we were woken when both my wife's phone and my phone alerted at the same time. It was the school saying all schools were closed today. I assumed it was due to flash flooding and went back to sleep. This morning my wife showed me a post online that was a text message sent by a student from a neighboring county to a student at the local high school. The POS wrote that he wasn't above carrying a gun into the local school and killing innocent students. It's beyond my comprehension to understand what could ever happen to make someone even consider such a thing. Local law enforcement have the trash in custody now. I believe he should be treated as an adult and do serious jail time. Maybe while serving his time he can go back to school and learn to write, the spelling and grammar in the post was like something written by a 3rd grader not by a high school student.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it’s happening everywhere, our high school has had incidents too, and we are not a heavily populated area. I agree, try them as adults.

F fishiker I hope you like your gift I haven't seen anything on it. And John is making my matching edc kephart I am stoked to get this bad boy. I need to get some endangered animal leather and make matching sheath for them. And I volunteered to make some free sheath for fab orders, still waiting for John to get back to me. I also got hosed on a knife and sheath on here and John made it right. I love this forum. God bless yall.

F fishiker I hope you like your gift I haven't seen anything on it. And John is making my matching edc kephart I am stoked to get this bad boy. I need to get some endangered animal leather and make matching sheath for them. And I volunteered to make some free sheath for fab orders, still waiting for John to get back to me. I also got hosed on a knife and sheath on here and John made it right. I love this forum. God bless yall.
I'm not sure like is a strong enough term, it's unbelievably nice! I did neglect posting a pic and I will remedy that today if work doesn't get crazy.
then he posted a couple pics of it - which was pretty epic.

If anyone is looking for a winter coat, Big R (now named Stock and Field) has Berne coats (very similar to Carhart, I like them better) for 20% off. I got one yesterday for $36 plus tax, now I can retire my 13 year old Carhart to shop duty. My wife has been bugging me to get a new coat instead of looking like a homeless person, now she’s happy, it’s a win win situation.

I should post a pic of my Carhartt work coat. I'm not sure how old it is. I bought a replacement for it many years ago but I can't make myself toss my old one.

Last edited:
If I could find some bibs or coveralls that I could fit my darn thighs into and still be able to move around in really well, I would be a really happy camper. Lineman legs make pants shopping tough.

We are back up in Peoria to see the kids now that our house remodel in TN is done (we can now leave the cats in the house as there aren't construction guys there all day long anymore). My daughter surprised me with a ZT Hoodie, and I surprised her by having on the exact matching ZT T-shirt!

On a completely separate topic - I bought Maggie a Benchmade Grizzly for Valentine's Day - the Knifeworks limited version. IT is her first axis-lock knife, and she really likes flipping it open. Great knife for the price.

Happy V-Day, Gents!

best

mqqn

It’s 12 degrees in the shop, so I’m hibernating in the house. Took Connie to work and will pick her up at 4. Except for taking the dogs out, I’m staying in today.

It was -6 here earlier, not sure what it is now but the high will be 13. Heading south tomorrow.

best

mqqn

My first new car, a Subaru cost me $8000. Not going to say the year, but it was a while ago.

My first new car was an 86 Mustang GT. I ordered it so I could get it optioned the way I wanted it.

My first car was a 1965 Rambler America 440. Dead Sexy.

best

mqqn

Back