The "Whatever" Thread

Can anyone here recommend an Italian restaurant in Springfield IL?
Asking for a coworker

We're cooking in the Pac NW - I have no idea how those of you in other regions cope with this weather...I must he getting old.

yeah - it was 100+ here 3 days in a row before we went to Ga, and the highest temp we had there was 85 - so just a bit backwards.
Came home to much nicer temps.

We camped over the weekend. The daytime highs were in the mid 80's but the humidity was terrible. We packed up Sunday around noon. I had to take a dip in the creek and put on a dry shirt after sweating so much loading up. I was shocked when I started my truck and the temperature outside was only 82.

Yeah - Sunday barely made it to 80 here as well, but I was soaked and dripping after an hour of loading up the truck with trash lumber from my deck repairs over the past few weeks.

Upwards of 100 today and yesterday, with max humidity to boot. We don't get too many days like these, thank goodness.

I didn't get online while on vacation last week except when looking up information about local shops and restaurants. Other than the crowds being larger than normal we had a great week. The weather was nice and the ocean even nicer. We spent most of each day either fishing or relaxing on the beach in the shade with a cold drink in hand. Here's a pic of Thomas with a citation Sea Mullet.

John,
Thank you. It was a sight catch which is always cool. He followed it in and then turned back out. I cast about 10feet in advance and he nailed it. Just a little orange head jig with a small soft minnow. I fished a dozen lures and presentations over 4 hours and this was the only bass. My wife had a lunch of Red Ear Sunfish and Bluegill. Hard to do much fishing around here without some sort of boat.

A face only a Mother could love ;)

Bill

Back