This guy really bugs me

So on the auction site this person (rigo5545) is exclusively selling fake spydercos LOTS of them and he is really cleaning up. I report his auctions. But I keep seeing his crap as I browse. When I first saw them I messaged him and said fake and he was like wow thanks but continues to clean people out selling them. Hmm I dunno but it really irks me.

Dano, thanks for pointing this out to the forum members. I noticed the fakes they have been selling too and I have reported this seller as well. This guy is taking major advantage of unsuspecting customers and it's a shame this individual has not been shut down.

It makes it even more irritating that some of these people likely buy the knock-offs and in turn believe that Spyderco knives are garbage because they believe they have a real Spyderco.

I just checked him out. Are all of his spydercos fake? He has 4 up for auction right now.

I just look at the 4 he has for sale currently. How can you tell they are fake? Not saying I doubt you guys, just wondering what specifics to look for.

Yes they are fake. They can all be found on that Chinese site.
Look at the clues. Spyderco fans should be able to tell the difference.
His starting bids start well under the retail price of the real spydercos.

It makes it even more irritating that some of these people likely buy the knock-offs and in turn believe that Spyderco knives are garbage because they believe they have a real Spyderco.

That's the thing that really hurts Spyderco in the long run. They lose a potential customer. This is why we must urge people to buy at reputable websites!

I still have no idea why people buy any Spydercos on Ebay. Unless you are trying to find an old model there is no good reason. So many legit good dealers to buy from Ebay is just no longer a good decision.

I still have no idea why people buy any Spydercos on Ebay. Unless you are trying to find an old model there is no good reason. So many legit good dealers to buy from Ebay is just no longer a good decision.

There are a few authorized Spyderco dealers on ebay. They have a website, storefront, and also sell on ebay.
I've bought from them a few times with no problems, but I usually buy from an authorized dealer that is here at BF.

But, I agree with you if one doesn't know for sure who the good guys are. You shouldn't buy from there if you don't know who the authorized Spyderco dealers are(IMO anyway).

Is this guy in the US ?

If so, couldn't one just buy one from him to get an address ?

Maybe they have a way of hiding their address.

I don't get it either (except looking for old models, but this is a much better place to do that also). I have bought numerous knives, both Spyderco and other brands, online and have never once had a question of authenticity. The way to avoid that issue is simple but oh so frequently ignored...buy from a reputable seller!

I don't get it either (except looking for old models, but this is a much better place to do that also). I have bought numerous knives, both Spyderco and other brands, online and have never once had a question of authenticity. The way to avoid that issue is simple but oh so frequently ignored...buy from a reputable seller!

Not so much for people abroad. Sellers with their own webpage often do not ship abroad, or at ridiculous shipping costs. Knife enthousiasts around the globe will often opt for eBay and the like. There are sellers on there who don't sell anything but knives, and have been for years. Very reliable as well, good prices, good shipping costs, and backed by eBay and paypal who will often back up the buyer when something does go wrong.

Not so much for people abroad. Sellers with their own webpage often do not ship abroad, or at ridiculous shipping costs. Knife enthousiasts around the globe will often opt for eBay and the like. There are sellers on there who don't sell anything but knives, and have been for years. Very reliable as well, good prices, good shipping costs, and backed by eBay and paypal who will often back up the buyer when something does go wrong.

OK, I can see that (international buyers), valid point. Fortunately, I don't have to deal with that!

Does no one look at my thread anymore? I mentioned him quite a few times. Maybe it's too many pages now so no one bothers to look at it?

Back