This guy really bugs me

I purchased something from him on eBay in April...a used plain edge black L1 Ladybug. Looks legit enough to me however I'm quite sure counterfeiters aren't out there producing used L1 ladybugs so I may have bought one of his real ones (man, I hope so).

I have been seeing these at my local flea market this year. What would be the proper steps to take; if any; when these fakes are spotted in our local communities?

How does that person maintain 100% on feedback?

I think the ladybug he sold me is real..as far as I can tell. I gave him positive feedback but I was not at the time aware of his actions. Hindsight being 20/20, I would not have attempted the purchase.

Yes, please do. I too would like to learn more about spotting fakes.

Several reasons on that fake. After you handle, own and see enough real ones it gets pretty easy to spot fakes. Several years ago I wouldn't think twice about it but they are getting pretty close.

I called him out on a pm2 and a southard that were clearly fake. He played dumb, of course, and I told him he was a scumbag and that I know that he knows what he's doing. No response.

He tried claiming that he replaced the brown scales on the Southard with CF, then "lost"the brown scales. He said nothing about replacing the g10 overtravel, but it matched the CF. Coincidentally, that is the only fake Southard you can buy on aliexpress.com. That piece of shit is blatantly selling fakes.

Unfortunately, that is not the case. They also sell blue, orange, dark green, and brown counterfeit Southards.
I just found this out from a buddy of mine. That is ridiculous, I can understand making a knife with damn near the same design...but when you start claiming it is a Spyderco and it's stamped with the type of steel it is not, how the hell do they get away with this?

Does no one look at my thread anymore? I mentioned him quite a few times. Maybe it's too many pages now so no one bothers to look at it?
We already have a sticky on the subject, not sure why the threads don't get merged. No sense in competing. :confused:

I just found this out from a buddy of mine. That is ridiculous, I can understand making a knife with damn near the same design...but when you start claiming it is a Spyderco and it's stamped with the type of steel it is not, how the hell do they get away with this?
Because of the country of origin. They get away with it because they do not acknowledge any sort of copyright laws or anything from any other country, never have.

Because of the country of origin. They get away with it because they do not acknowledge any sort of copyright laws or anything from any other country, never have.[/QUOTE]

But how can US sellers get away with it is what I'm asking. There's a guy from south Carolina trying to sell fakes as real ones. His ass should get busted.

But how can US sellers get away with it is what I'm asking. There's a guy from south Carolina trying to sell fakes as real ones. His ass should get busted.
You DANGED RIGHT! Folks like him are the ones doing the most damage. Just like drugs, if there were no demand for them, the dealers/manufacturers would wither up and die.

Back