THIS is the anything goes, keep it clean, blow off steam, W&SS chat.

The guy who did this one just has his THROAT done.

What good is a shirt without a collar, right?:p

Thats hardcore. My buddy has a tarantula on the back of his head. He lets the hair grow on the legs and body... man does that thing look real.:thumbup:

Creative. I've got more planned but all are covered by a teeshirt... hung out at a bar this weekend, there was a pretty decent guy to girl ratio but all the chicks were tatted. I was wearing a buttonup shirt and thought to myself... I can play now... but maybe not. Running around shirtless in a bar you might as well have "tool" tattooed on your forehead.

fred9.jpg

hbc.jpg

cecilmcneil1.jpg

fred6.jpg

edfred4.jpg

"A man can keep very warm and comfortable in an eider down for three winters, but if he camps out for long stretches of time in really cold weather, the heat from his body condenses, the robe becomes damp , eventually it freezes stiff. Every three years I learned to get a new eider down. Three years was its maximum life in the North..."

"A man seldom sleeps right through a winter night in the open. He must crawl out of his robes after a few hours to let the body heat escape (otherwise condensation would stiffen the robe)..."

More nostalgia and comments on crap kit at the source

Just the Finn Bear, silenthunter, it's one of my favorite woods knives, even with low end steel and a molded plastic handle. I wrapped mine with leather-looking for a chunk of scrap brass to form a pommel for it yet but I love that rounded daimond grip, and the blade profile is perfect. It's not a true scandi-it has a microbevel-though it's a sure slicer.

Here's a mildly-stoopid question. Mini-fridge in hotel room has a knob inside to control temp, number 1-6. Which direction is "colder" would you say? Damn thing is set between 3 and 4, and I'd like to get my beer cold before morning..

Right on. I moved it to 5 last nite and it seemed to get cold. Then again the beer was warm out of my trunk anyways, so I guess any improvement is exactly that. Off to the training center for more bullshit. I never thought I'd actually prefer being at work..

Ah, that first picture captures the manly essence of... something.

That second one reminds me of my 4 year old daughter after the 3 inch rain dump last week. It's a ton of fun if you enjoy it, I guess :D

Man, it's a great year to be a Freshman at BSU. Two months of Sports Illustrated covers in a row... I just wish we'd get to play some decent teams. Campus was literally shaking last night the crowd was so loud. Bought a 12 pack of PBR bottles, grilled up some cheap brats and watched the Broncos roll over Toledo 57-14. Not a bad way to spend the weekend, especially for 10 bucks. Now I gotta find the motivation to get organized for school on Monday.

I can't understand how in this economy it's so hard to give people money. Asked a very established knifemaker very simple questions about design, grind and steel of a very common and well liked knife in these forums and couldn't get a straight answer about any of it... Sigh. Ah well.

Heh... I'm wanting to pull the trigger on a Bushcraft Tactical or a T3 SERE and asked a few questions about the main differences- the steel (rockwell hardness between the 5160 and 1095) and how different the angle of the convex microbevel is between the .2 and .175 inch blades, and after a lengthy email conversation came up with no answer. Ah well... maybe patience is the key. I'm getting backpaid nearly two years for VA medical benefits and in short should have some cash for some nice new gear soon- Just trying to price it all out, get quotes on everything, prioritize, make final decisions on what I am going to get, etc. So far, here's the priority list:
-Buffalo hunt in Wyoming (buddy is taking the buffalo, I get the hide if I pay for the taxedermy-make for a nice quilt for this winter)
-Dylan Fletcher Hatchula-OD and red micarta
-Hargis Grizzly-spalted maple with red liners
-Eberle Halftrack or Mystery Ranch Dragonslayer
-I'd LIKE a Martin BT or T3 if I can get some solid information on them...
-Himalayan Imports Salyan
-7 inch 'native fighter' straight spine side knife from 15N20 or L6 steel and scandivex grind-kind of a woodsman style knife, thin long blade with a rough forge finish as a tomahawk companion.
TAD Gear Special Service Sweater and Dale of Norway Slaata
Just making sure that what I'm paying money for is what I really want in the end...

-Dylan Fletcher Hatchula-OD and red micarta
-Hargis Grizzly-spalted maple with red liners
-Eberle Halftrack or Mystery Ranch Dragonslayer

i'm a noob... forgive me if this is old hat but i've never herd of the hargis or halftrack... are they something i need to check out? what are they comparable to.
just looking for some advise. thanks in advance for your help.

Back