Thoughts BRADFORD Guardian 3 edc

I have a 3 Sheepsfoot and 3 3.5s. 1 FFG M390 and two Massdrop Nitro V Sabre grinds.

I much prefer the 3.5, but the 3 does come in handy when a smaller footprint is required.

Also, Brad and his wife (Nicole? I am so bad with names...) are hands down the kindest people I've meet - and that's a high bar in this great community. Couple that with great knives... one of my favorite brands!

Also, Brad and his wife (Nicole? I am so bad with names...) are hands down the kindest people I've meet - and that's a high bar in this great community. Couple that with great knives... one of my favorite brands!

Totally agree! I look forward to seeing them every year at OKCA

Glad to see you got a knife. Its all about what works for you. Enjoy it and post an update.

Could anyone chime in on their experience with or opinion of the 3v steel. I've got a 4 coming with the 3v.

Could anyone chime in on their experience with or opinion of the 3v steel. I've got a 4 coming with the 3v.
Absolutely love and have a ton of it in a bunch of different shapes, brands, and sizes: Bradford 3 (on my waist right now/kydex on a spyderco g clip), Dan Tope Bulldog (similar length but heavier edc), LT Wright Camp Muk, Carothers Heavy Duty Field Knife. Keeps a great edge and tough as nails. Haven't had any issues with rust/patinas on any of them.

Absolutely love and have a ton of it in a bunch of different shapes, brands, and sizes: Bradford 3 (on my waist right now/kydex on a spyderco g clip), Dan Tope Bulldog (similar length but heavier edc), LT Wright Camp Muk, Carothers Heavy Duty Field Knife. Keeps a great edge and tough as nails. Haven't had any issues with rust/patinas on any of them.
Do you take any extra precautions? Keeping the blade oiled regularly or anything

PS- I really want Brad to do a run of Wharncliffe 3.5s

I wish they had a more angular wharncliffe, like the the old Spyderco Ronin.

I'd really like a White River Backpacker Pro with the contoured scales of the Caper and a mirror stonewashed M390 blade.

I wish they had a more angular wharncliffe, like the the old Spyderco Ronin.

I'd really like a White River Backpacker Pro with the contoured scales of the Caper and a mirror stonewashed M390 blade.
I was between the Backpacker and Guardian 3.5 awhile back (even made a thread here about it). I ended up purchasing the 3.5 because of my experience with the 3 and love of m390 (didn't hurt that BladeHQ had a killer sale that put the 3.5 much closer to the Backpacker in price...).

The 3.5 is a great knife overall. My only gripe is with the scales; I miss the contoured fit of the 3 (Backpacker looks like a similar fit). Might try to see if I can shape them to a more pleasing fit at some point.

I was between the Backpacker and Guardian 3.5 awhile back (even made a thread here about it). I ended up purchasing the 3.5 because of my experience with the 3 and love of m390 (didn't hurt that BladeHQ had a killer sale that put the 3.5 much closer to the Backpacker in price...).

The 3.5 is a great knife overall. My only gripe is with the scales; I miss the contoured fit of the 3 (Backpacker looks like a similar fit). Might try to see if I can shape them to a more pleasing fit at some point.

The reason I've never gotten a Bradford is that their contoured scales looked so enormously thick and not super well contoured, but I have been spoiled a bit by Fiddleback Forge handles.

I have the Bradford Guardian 3 and 4 in M390 w Black G-10 - False Edge - Stonewashed. For the 4, I bought the Armatus Bradford Guardian 4 Architect Sheath in Black Carbon Kydex for horizontal carry.

No problems with the knives. I like them both.

Reactions: vba
You'll like the Guardian. Now it's time to start thinking about the next one. ;)
Yeah I'm sure I will! I am curious though how wide is the belt loop on the leather sheath?? And what's the best size belt (width) to use with it???

I really appreciate everyone's feedback and help on this subject. I did order the G3 so when I get it in I'll make sure to post some pictures! But I do have one more question for everyone. How wide is G3 sheath belt loop? And what's the best belt/size to use with it? (in width of course) Looked to be about 2 inches maybe 2.5 to me? But I'm not totally sure. Thanks again

Let us know what you think of the Guardian. I’ve been eyeing than myself.
I will!! Should be here in 2 days and I honestly I can't wait, I'm kinda mad at myself for not spending extra 5 bucks for one day shipping but it's ok. I'll make sure to post some pics and my thoughts on it once it arrives.

Back