Thrifty Thursday... Cheap Traditional Knives

I think you're doing an amazing job on the handles of your knives with those vinyl "stickers" (if that's what you're still using)! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup::) But what brand are the knives? I'm kind of a sucker for knives with an anchor shield, but I really like that anchor bolster you have on today's examples!! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

- GT
Thanks!
Mikov knives, purchased on the big shopping site for $8.99. Probably more than they are worth, honestly, but where else are you going to find such a thing still in production? The seller’s image doesn’t show the anchor, and the first one I got didn’t have it. The ones I got with the can opener don’t have an anchor either.

Thanks!
Mikov knives, purchased on the big shopping site for $8.99. Probably more than they are worth, honestly, but where else are you going to find such a thing still in production? The seller’s image doesn’t show the anchor, and the first one I got didn’t have it. The ones I got with the can opener don’t have an anchor either.
Interesting; thanks for the info, Tom. Sounds like if I want an anchor, I pays my money and I takes my chances! :):thumbsup:

- GT

So cheap it’s comical...

Good timing on this one Tom, my wife and I are currently going through all of the Marvel movies on Disney+ :) Overall I am liking them, we watched Doctor Strange last night and that was not my favorite; it was in fact "strange" LoL. Honestly I liked Captain Marvel and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies because of all the 80's & 90's references :D

The price of these Opinels is cheap but their quality is far from cheap.

aZCcT3R.jpg

Good timing on this one Tom, my wife and I are currently going through all of the Marvel movies on Disney+ :) Overall I am liking them, we watched Doctor Strange last night and that was not my favorite; it was in fact "strange" LoL. Honestly I liked Captain Marvel and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies because of all the 80's & 90's references :D
Sounds like fun! :thumbsup:

So many of these great old Imperial shells available out there for cheap and the mechanics are solid with nice sharp blades. This one has great snap still and full half stop, I give it 5 Thrifty Stars :)

View attachment 1520605 View attachment 1520606
That one definitely puts a gleam in this old man's eyes, Kevin; love the stripes! :cool::thumbsup::cool: I was going to suggest that I have one just like it, except it lost its clothes (I hope I don't end up as naked and destitute as some of my knives :eek::rolleyes:).
silverbullet.mark.closed.garden.jpg
But mine is an Imperial instead of a Hammer Brand. ;)

- GT

5K Qs 5K Qs
Take a look at what arrived today! I will temporarily put an email address in my status message (a t A O L d o t c o m) if you want to send me your mailing info. I will try to get to the post office next week sometime.

Wasn't Mikov ordered at time time though the store in Atlanta? Hint hint.

5K Qs 5K Qs
Take a look at what arrived today! I will temporarily put an email address in my status message (a t A O L d o t c o m) if you want to send me your mailing info. I will try to get to the post office next week sometime.
That's pretty amazing! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've got your email address and will send you mailing info and some trade choices, after supper.
Thanks!

- GT

Wasn't Mikov ordered at time time though the store in Atlanta? Hint hint.
?
Sorry that went right over my head. The point of me ordering it was that some I have gotten had anchors on them and some didn’t. I wouldn’t care if it had one or not, but he wanted one with an anchor. I figured I would order just one more - if it had an anchor on it I was going to send it to him, and if it came without one I would keep it and send him one of my others that had it.

That's pretty amazing! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've got your email address and will send you mailing info and some trade choices, after supper.
Thanks!

- GT
:thumbsup: No need for a trade, but if you insist, be sure it is something worth less that 10 bucks.

Just Tom,

Because of you, I just ordered $50 worth of Mikov knives...That's 8 knives in all...What have you done to me....

I'll post some pics when they arrive, hopefully by next Thursday so I can post :)

Back