TiTAN 2.0 Pre-Order / Build

Discussion in 'Woods Bladeworks' started by WilliamWoods, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickortizzle1035

nickortizzle1035

Dec 30, 2009
    this build is pretty much done. I'm sure Will is already drawing up 3.0.

2. FearAgent

FearAgent Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Tip up does look good, but I'm definitely sticking with tip down. Good thinking on the LBS though. Can't wait to see flame striped scales

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  3. PolygonalGuy

PolygonalGuy

Aug 16, 2011
    Anyone heard from Will in the the last week or so? I thought we were getting close!

4. WilliamWoods

WilliamWoods

Apr 22, 2011
    I'm shipping out TiTAN's as they are finished. Some just require a bit more hand fitting than others. More pics and knives ship out next week.

5. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    Last I heard was they would all be ready to ship before June 5th. It seemed pretty certain this time. Before that he said completion by December was a good estimate. The invoice had an estimated delivery by October. I've thought we were getting close a number of times.

6. WilliamWoods

WilliamWoods

Apr 22, 2011
    Sorry for the extended wait oregonknifenerd. The TiTAN 2 is a very challenging design and honestly the initial machining and grinding is only 20% of the hours invested in each knife. I have found that blueprinting and tuning the lock is the very last operation and extremely time consuming. The entire knife is assembled and disassembled 30 plus times after each adjustment to do the final tune. It takes many hours. People expect a $800 knife to have a certain fit and finish and these last few weeks are being spent tuning the action of these blades to meet that expectation.

I warranty all my work for life so I make an extreme effort to not only make sure all folding knives ship tuned perfectly but also they they remain that way for years to come. With more years of experience and better tools I will being to reduce my time spent but for now I'm "measuring twice and cutting once."

7. darkangel55555

darkangel55555

Aug 17, 2007
    I've said this before, but dude, take as long as you want to get everything just the way it needs to be.

We'll wait. Excuse our occasional hassling as we try to restrain our enthusiasm.

8. redhat6161

redhat6161

May 16, 2011
    Well said and I concur.

9. PolygonalGuy

PolygonalGuy

Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks for the update will :) I was not meaning to rush you. Just feeling like a kid at Christmas! I would rather wait and receive your full vision than not.

10. FearAgent

Sep 15, 2012
    If you don't mind me asking, how many have gone out the door? I've only seen two out in the wild.

11. WilliamWoods

WilliamWoods

Apr 22, 2011
    I've shipped 8 and another 3 go out this week. I'm shooting cerakote now.

12. FearAgent

Sep 15, 2012
    8?!? Those people need to post some pictures for the rest of us to drool over!

13. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    New photos and short video clip of a heavy stone/scratch wash finish are over on the William Woods Bladeworks Instagram page for anyone that is following here but not a regular Instagram user.

14. vitadura

vitadura

Mar 16, 2012
    I hope that cerakote ones are almost finish

15. redhat6161

redhat6161

May 16, 2011
    New vid of murdered out cerakote blade is up on IG.

16. WilliamWoods

WilliamWoods

Apr 22, 2011
    Blacked out TiTAN 2 w/ polished breaker and hardware ready for laser engraving!

Instagram Video: [video]http://instagram.com/p/rBavJDHkBz/[/video]

[​IMG]

17. sloth357

sloth357 Platinum m0f0 Platinum Member

Jan 5, 2011
    niiiice.... sigh... can't wait to see the first couple go up on the Ex for double cost.. boooo!

anyone ever back out? doesn't appear as though that happened.. doh!

titan 3.0? MEMEMEMEME :D

18. WilliamWoods

WilliamWoods

Apr 22, 2011
    Black graphite Cerakote handles w/ brushed hardware and blade.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. redhat6161

redhat6161

May 16, 2011
    Hey Will,
    Curious how those Damy blades are coming. Need some more knife pron if you've got it :)

20. FearAgent

Sep 15, 2012
    Really looking great Will! Still looking forward to some flamed Ti

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.