Traditional folders and watches/timepieces

qNKfrVK.jpeg

Have the fancy Wrights lamb today along with a Waltham (American watch Co) that was exported to England. At the time American Watch had offices in London.

The nice silver case was assayed in Chester in the 1875-6 year. It was made by the Dennison Watch Case Company but the sponsors mark is FFS for Frederick Francis Seeland, the assistant manager of Waltham in London. Seeland soon left Waltham and went to manage IWC.
IMG_20231126_133216925_HDR~2.jpg

It's just a plain jane 10 sized keywinder. In nice shape and runs spot on after a mainspring and a good clean and lube. I do have the regulator jacked over but it's good where it's at and I wasn't messing with it anymore. Lol!
IMG_20231126_133258184_HDR.jpg

Good watch for hanging around the house on a Sunday!

After looking at them for a few years, I finally picked up a Seiko skx173. It may get a bracelet but until then this black silicone strap will work fine. They are not hard to find, and not long out of production, but just never found the right one until now I guess. Happy as a clam today.

A very nicely made Queen Congress hanging out in my front pocket today as well. This is a good knife despite the cracked covers and I'll be looking for more lol!

IMG_20231129_191957689_HDR~2.jpg
I like this watch so much I've actually built a copy of it out of parts just to wear around and beat up... But it's nice to have a real one finally.

Here's the one built from parts.

Czech Republic Mikov "Fish Knife" moved to my double Albert watch chain.
Not sure if it will ever see "normal"/"regular" RFP carry again. It might ... probably ... maybe ... will
Favorite and most accurate digital Chronograph pocket watch. I synced it with my Casio Forester (synced to my "smart"phone and tabet (tablet displays seconds) about 2,5 months ago. The two still agree on the time to the second, with the "smart"phone and tablet. šŸ˜ŗšŸ‘
A new (nylon) one piece "NATO" strap for the forester is inbound. After a bit over 11 years the original nylon strap is looking a bit ratty.

View attachment 2407955

Thanks! I really like the contrasting pins on the shield and pivot. Little details like these make a world of difference on customs.

Back