Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Apologies for the bad lighting - it was overcast and I was under our top deck. Winchester Model 03 (born 1910) in .22 Win ARF, a Case pattern 65 SAB Hunter (born 1940-1964), and a Case pattern 11 English Jack (born 1905-1914). Those old guys didn't seem to mind the cold, but I was in a hurry to get back to the fireplace.

C4rJA9m.jpg

CYSBJAO.jpg

- Stuart

Stuart, that's a magnificent trio! We sure took the wood on those old guns for granted back then.
Now we get no grain, or even birch instead of walnut.

We sure took the wood on those old guns for granted back then.
Or worse, Jeff. I have a Belgian Browning "Sweet Sixteen" (born 1958) that I carried around in the truck of my parents' car during fall hunting season in high school. The wood looks like drunken woodpeckers attacked it. Since this is about knives, here's another view of the Case 65 (on bottom) with a younger brother.

ijm5O0Y.jpg

- Stuart

Apologies for the bad lighting - it was overcast and I was under our top deck. Winchester Model 03 (born 1910) in .22 Win ARF, a Case pattern 65 SAB Hunter (born 1940-1964), and a Case pattern 11 English Jack (born 1905-1914). Those old guys didn't seem to mind the cold, but I was in a hurry to get back to the fireplace.

C4rJA9m.jpg

CYSBJAO.jpg

- Stuart

It's getting downright romantic round here with some of these old guns and knives...

Jeff, Never tried a 358 WIN, they are hard to locate. I also owned a 284 WIN and it was a good rifle, but I let it go to a Winchester collector - he waved a lot of green! I like the 308 WIN for my hunting, fits the sweet spot about like a Buck 118 fits the sweet spot for cleaning whitetail. Speaking of that....hunting buddy shot a buck on Christmas Eve in 2013, I helped him clean the deer with a Buck 118 and recovered both Core-Lokt bullets from the 30-06 SPRG he shot the buck with.

Recovered_Core-Lokt_s_and_Buck_118.JPG

From the Home page of Queen Cutlery's web site:

"Kenneth Daniels CEO and President of Queen Cutlery has announced effective January 10, 2018, that due to issues with cash flow, Queen Cutlery Company has been forced to cease all production and close it's Titusville Pennsylvania facility, and furlough it's employees while it goes through a period of reorganization."

In honor of Queen - a Colt Detective Special in .38 Spl (1967), a Queen #14 small dogleg (1972), and a Queen #2A serpentine (1950-1960).

CPGvPtH.jpg

- Stuart

From the Home page of Queen Cutlery's web site:

"Kenneth Daniels CEO and President of Queen Cutlery has announced effective January 10, 2018, that due to issues with cash flow, Queen Cutlery Company has been forced to cease all production and close it's Titusville Pennsylvania facility, and furlough it's employees while it goes through a period of reorganization."

In honor of Queen - a Colt Detective Special in .38 Spl (1967), a Queen #14 small dogleg (1972), and a Queen #2A serpentine (1950-1960).

CPGvPtH.jpg

- Stuart

That's very sad news.

On a positive note, that #14 is quite fetching.

Back