Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

xPHdna5.jpg

- Stuart

This a fun gun, a varmint variant of the single shot Winchester 67 (1934-1963). It shoots .22 short, long, and long rifle, plus this version has a smooth/faintly rifled bore, so it's good for rat shot down its 27" barrel. Shooting a single shot is a relaxing exercise - the Case G64088 SS (1984) is taking a nap.

cvV6SZd.jpg

- Stuart

D Duckdog , lots of nice vintage firearms. The Ruger is sweet those 9" barrel versions were popular with coon hunters here.

That 67 is nice. I have a Stevens 15B single shot my uncle gave me when I was eight or nine. He had the stock cut down to fit me. Lord knows how many tens of thousands of rounds it's had down the bore. Simple and (if I couldn't break it, no one could) reliable.

Here's a link to an article on the rifles Frye used.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2013/02/the-most-famous-nylon-66/

D Duckdog , lots of nice vintage firearms. The Ruger is sweet those 9" barrel versions were popular with coon hunters here.

That 67 is nice. I have a Stevens 15B single shot my uncle gave me when I was eight or nine. He had the stock cut down to fit me. Lord knows how many tens of thousands of rounds it's had down the bore. Simple and (if I couldn't break it, no one could) reliable.

Here's a link to an article on the rifles Frye used.

http://www.nylonrifles.com/wp/2013/02/the-most-famous-nylon-66/

Thanks for the link, Jerry. There's a lot of great info on that site. 100K+ hits with 6 misses is a formidable record indeed! I had heard that the Nylons didn't need a lot of cleaning, but that episode was epic.

Yes, that "Buntline" Single Six is a shooter, though wasted with my skills. Thanks for the kind comments, my friend.
- Stuart

Dave, that engraving is lovely and quite suitable for such a "petite" gun, and that knife (a Gordo with a finger choil??) is exquisite. Kudos, sir.
- Stuart

Dave, that engraving is lovely and quite suitable for such a "petite" gun, and that knife (a Gordo with a finger choil??) is exquisite. Kudos, sir.
- Stuart

Thanks Stuart. thats a Coyote knife. Just sold it and the guy wants a different sheath for it so its in the shop as I'm working on a batch of sheaths right now.

Did ya know that Blueguns doesn't make a holster mold/prop for an L frame at least for what I needed? Found it in another off brand as I'd had two orders for holsters for the new 3" 686 with the seven shot cylinder. The L frame is the only Smith frame I don't have. Nice pics.

That sounds like a good enough reason to buy one, they are a nice revolver. Although I've rarely met an S&W revolver I didn't like. Can't say the same for their autos, mostly horrible creatures until recently.

here is one I thought I might share with you guys. A very cool custom super Blackhawk. This was made by a friend of mine about 20 years ago.This gun has two cylinders and four barrels one cylinder in 357 mag and one and 44 mag, with short and long barrels for each and corresponding short and long barrel shrouds. I think it pairs nicely with these Scagel style fixed blades.
16627EA9-5C27-4BBF-8065-8478A24A6EDA.jpeg E6654220-95E5-47ED-A67D-BB447DCC0B8E.jpeg

here is another pair of customs. I made both of these items for my father several years ago, he passed recently and they have found their way back to me. The Ruger was a 6 inch blackhawk that I modified to make a type of sheriffs model out of. I cut the barrel down and into a tapered octagonal form removed the ejector shroud and made a new front sight. The handles are polished buffalo horn on a highly modified grip frame. And all of the internals of the gun have been polished and jeweled.
The knife is made from a single piece of D2 tool steel and is fully integral with stabilized Maple burl handle slabs. I’m not sure what went wrong with the heat treating and temper on the blade but it came out very hard. I remember about 10 years ago we took a hunting trip to South Texas where my dad and I processed three wild hogs with that blade before it had to be sharpened.
9196564B-185C-4452-88AF-1A76BAE9182B.jpeg E0C12D2F-C427-4DCD-8711-4AC15D2D147D.jpeg

Back