1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Traditional Knife and Gun Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Pàdruig, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Onebigbill

Onebigbill Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2019
    Nice Browning auto. I like the Queen Drake Well barlow too!

[​IMG]

Duckdog likes this.
  2. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    You have some desirable firearms Stuart, thanks for showin' 'em. If I may... enjoy your 99 as is, those marks are memories. The temptation to restore is strong, resist if you can, let another generation decide on the refinish and definitely buy more ammo. :)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    Duckdog, bflying and Ramrodmb like this.
  3. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    One of my bucket list rifles for sure. Was at a gun show down in Bakersfield back in the spring. I located a pretty nice 99 in .243 and was really close to buying it BUT there was that Browning Mod 95 in .30-06 over there calling me. Its siren song was strong and I kept going back to look at it. Then I'd go back and look at the 99. Walked back over to the Mod 95 and the guy says make me an offer. I came in with a stupid low ball offer and he said that'll work. We were walking over to the table to do the paperwork and he says, you run cattle up in Tehachapi? I says yep. You make knives? I says yep. He was from Glenville a very small mountain ranching town in our county. He'd seen quite a few of my knives and his wife is the teacher at the local school. Several of her students wear em to school and would show them to her, kinda like the ole days everywhere else too. Anyhoo, last two gunshows that Savage 99 has still been there but I didn't have the cash. Maybe mid Nov it'll be mine. Specially if we have a good show next week!

dannyp, J Buck, Duckdog and 4 others like this.
  4. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    I used to have a Franchi International Trap over & under (12 Ga). Franchi makes very nice guns. Your knife is very interesting and beautiful.

Duckdog likes this.
  5. Onebigbill

May 21, 2019
    Not a great photo but a very interesting gun/history.
    IMG_1732.JPG

6. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    S&W 629 Classic,44 mag. and a Boker Tree Brand Copperhead.
    [​IMG]

7. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Rip, my primary deer hunting handgun is almost the same as yours, and the most accurate revolver I've ever fired.

629ultradot_zpsvexoki5l.jpg

And my custom skinner from BluntCut (Luong La) in high hardness CTS-XHP stainless and Asian satinwood burl is a staple in deer camp.

[​IMG]

8. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    They are accurate. I used to get 1-1/2" groups at 50 yards and 4 to 6 inch groups at 100 yards off the bags. Like I say," used to". I shake to darn much now days.I am really liking your skinner.That's a very nice knife.

9. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, Rip! I once fired a 2¾" 5-shot group at 75 yards with my handloaded 270 gr Speer Deep Curl over Accurate 4100 powder. MV was right around 1275 fps. As usual, the first four were in about an inch and a half, and then I pulled the last one. :(

Ripcord 82 likes this.
  10. Duckdog

Duckdog Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Thanks, Will and Bill. I bought the 20 gauge Franchi to lighten my load while pheasant hunting, but it's become a rabbit gatherer, along with a 20 gauge Beretta AL-2 (1973-1975). Both are fun and better than I am.

Thanks, guys, and I'm content with leaving it "as is". It was owned by a fellow from out West (Wyoming, I think) who hunted elk with it on horseback hunts. It came as he hunted it: iron sights in a rugged leather saddle scabbard. I'm not changing a thing (though my last few sessions with iron sights give me pause). And I don't have a horse (sorry,Dave @Horsewright ).

- Stuart

Horsewright, redsparrow and Ramrodmb like this.
  11. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Guess you could call this knife a Traditional also. My Dad carried it in WWII and he passed it on to me and I carried it on my first tour of duty in Vietnam with the 173rd Airborne Brigade. The rifle you see in the picture is my sniper rifle I used during my second tour of duty with the 82nd Airborne Division, a scoped out M-14. I qualified at 1000 meters with it during Sniper school at Fort Bragg between tours.The picture on the front of my helmet was just for the picture and is a picture of Jesus by the rock. It would have made to easy a target if left on the helmet.
    [​IMG]

12. Beard&Owl

Beard&Owl KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 26, 2012
    cylinder.jpg wheel.jpg Really been enjoying my GP100 lately. Probably my favorite handgun I've owned.

13. garryt

garryt

Dec 8, 2013
    One of my favourite handguns ever. Shame I live in the UK nanny state..........

14. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    It's my favorite too. I have many handguns but the 1911 is the one I cut my teeth on,so to speak, and it has remained my favorite in all my years, especially the series 70. And though you can't see it, there is a 1911 in the picture of me in post 931. The barlow is one of my favorite patterns also.I can remember carrying one of them even when I was a kid.

15. Michael Sankewitsch

Michael Sankewitsch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 4, 2018
    This is what's with me lately.

20191016_163758.jpg

16. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    Glock 21 and GEC # 81 Dixie Stockman
    [​IMG]

17. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    image.jpg Colt frontier six shooter
    44-40 that was produced in 1893. image.jpg . Bottom one is mine and was the first run after ww2 (1956) 45lc. Pre war colts are too much money and too many variables for fakes. I bought the one piece walnut grips and dad fitted them to my firearm.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  18. Ripcord 82

Ripcord 82

Feb 15, 2019
    What an honor!

willard0341 likes this.
  19. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Not as old as @willard0341 contributed, but I picked up this Ruger Wrangler today. I have a Single Six from 1969 and another from the early 80’s, but the color on this one just sorta spoke to me so I thought why not. Cabelas points on my credit card left me to come up with $86 to walk out the door.

[​IMG]

20. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    very nice! I like that color out of the 3 (?). I hope you have a quantity of cci quiets for a pleasant plinking experience. 85$ is a steal, thanks for posting it. I’ve looked at the new bearcats just can’t seem to part with the coin. Have a good weekend. Ode

315 likes this.