Traditional knives and hot sauce!

I love hot sauce, I sit in the middle of the road camp for heat I suppose, I enjoy using lots of sauce on nearly every meal so the ghost pepper and reaper sauces are overwhelming though still occasionally enjoyed.
Surprised to see so many Texas Pete and those other mostly vinegar sauce fans, I don’t find them even a little spicy, nor flavorful.
Really enjoy habenero sauces, especially those with habenero as the first and main ingredient, such a delicious pepper with plenty of heat to keep it spicy without making it painful.
My go to sauce is El Yucateco, I prefer the red, but also love the green. I buy it by the half gallon and use it liberally.

I must try the secret aardvark sauce that many have extolled, put two bottles in my Amazon cart just now.

Used to live a couple miles from CaJohns Fiery Foods years ago, loved going there and sampling all the offerings, also took a tour of the kitchen where they make the stuff, sadly it seems he sold the business.

To keep this post on track and include knife content, I just finished eating a burrito with el yucateco and a yellow case trapper in my pocket.

I took a couple of the sachets you sent me away with me on holiday, and I was very glad I did! :) :thumbsup:

Nice! Texas Pete is a decent “standard” hot sauce, along the same lines as Tabasco or Frank’s Red Hot, and is ironically made in North Carolina. There’s a fast food chicken place that has those little packets set out with the napkins and plastic cutlery, so I always grab a handful. 🙂

Nice! Texas Pete is a decent “standard” hot sauce, along the same lines as Tabasco or Frank’s Red Hot, and is ironically made in North Carolina. There’s a fast food chicken place that has those little packets set out with the napkins and plastic cutlery, so I always grab a handful. 🙂
I found the food bland, so I was glad of them Pete, they were very convenient to take on the plane :thumbsup:

I love hot sauce, I sit in the middle of the road camp for heat I suppose, I enjoy using lots of sauce on nearly every meal so the ghost pepper and reaper sauces are overwhelming though still occasionally enjoyed.
Surprised to see so many Texas Pete and those other mostly vinegar sauce fans, I don’t find them even a little spicy, nor flavorful.
Really enjoy habenero sauces, especially those with habenero as the first and main ingredient, such a delicious pepper with plenty of heat to keep it spicy without making it painful.
My go to sauce is El Yucateco, I prefer the red, but also love the green. I buy it by the half gallon and use it liberally.

I must try the secret aardvark sauce that many have extolled, put two bottles in my Amazon cart just now.

Used to live a couple miles from CaJohns Fiery Foods years ago, loved going there and sampling all the offerings, also took a tour of the kitchen where they make the stuff, sadly it seems he sold the business.

To keep this post on track and include knife content, I just finished eating a burrito with el yucateco and a yellow case trapper in my pocket.
El yuccatecco is one of my favorites, they also make a black label. I prefer the xxx bottle

While this photo is in no way endorsing this hot sauce or the establishment it came from, it’s name presents it in the way of a challenge. Meh, but you can’t blame them for trying and besides I needed another way to take a picture of my Traditional of the week.
View attachment 2093067
No chile in that sauce. The "Fire" and "Hot" are better, with jalapeños. Not very hot, though, and Taco Bell is not very Mexican, in my opinion. But it's cheap!
Nice photo.

My wife has dozens of little jars of Penzey's Spices and I like to experiment with them to try to add some moderate heat to my meals. Some of them pack quite a punch! But they're typically "powders", not sauces. And my go-to source of heat has been the same for decades; it's shown below with a Colt coral snake canoe - they're both capable of inflicting a significant bite.
coral.snake.canoe.tabasco.jpeg

- GT

I don't think I've seen anyone post this yet :thumbsup:

Kv09Zuh.jpg

I've never heard of the Aardvark hot sauce. It must be good. Anyone have an MRE hot sauce? One of the little ones.

Back