Traditional Knives and The Holidays

This my most favorite Christmas ornament EVER!

20 years ago... My son Ben was born and he came into this world way too soon. He was born four months early and only weighed 1-1/2 pounds. He had to spend 3 months in the NICU before coming home. We spent Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Eve in the hospital with him. It was a very scary time but I'm happy to say Ben grew up and is healthy and happy. We are so thankful and blessed.

The nurses in the ICU took this picture and gave us the ornament, which hung in his incubator during the holidays. This ornament is priceless to us and is always the first one on the tree each year. It's a great reminder to us what the holiday season is really about. I posed it here with a very appropriate little Peanut knife.

Amazing story, John! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:
Thanks for posting it here! :)

- GT

Angel & Star
oSGIrWu.jpg

- GT

John, it's wonderful to hear of your blessings with Ben. I, too, was a miracle baby, contracting spinal meningitis at two months of age. Back in the mid 1950s the only treatments were penicillin and prayer. Now at age 63, I'm the oldest male in my family for at least 3 generations, and have been physically active my whole life. I hope and expect that Ben has a long and fruitful life ahead of him.

John, it's wonderful to hear of your blessings with Ben. I, too, was a miracle baby, contracting spinal meningitis at two months of age. Back in the mid 1950s the only treatments were penicillin and prayer. Now at age 63, I'm the oldest male in my family for at least 3 generations, and have been physically active my whole life. I hope and expect that Ben has a long and fruitful life ahead of him.
We are all glad you are here with us. Your parents must have been a worried mess.

JohnDF JohnDF Interesting to hear about your son, things are so unpredictable and fragile but human tenacity can be astounding. My Ma was born in the middle of the Great War and was 6 weeks premature, she was not expected to live. Two years later she caught influenza in the great Spanish Flu- a pandemic that killed 20 million...was given up for dead but obviously survived :D She lived to be nearly 96 and remained pretty healthy until she lost her sight and then her mind two years before she died. Another reason why I'm sceptical about so-called 'experts' -both scientific and religious ;):D.

Some fine knives and sentiments in this thread, for me everyday is a holiday if I can have one of my traditionals with me :D:cool:

JohnDF JohnDF Interesting to hear about your son, things are so unpredictable and fragile but human tenacity can be astounding. My Ma was born in the middle of the Great War and was 6 weeks premature, she was not expected to live. Two years later she caught influenza in the great Spanish Flu- a pandemic that killed 20 million...was given up for dead but obviously survived :D She lived to be nearly 96 and remained pretty healthy until she lost her sight and then her mind two years before she died. Another reason why I'm sceptical about so-called 'experts' -both scientific and religious ;):D.

Some fine knives and sentiments in this thread, for me everyday is a holiday if I can have one of my traditionals with me :D:cool:
Sounds like you come from good stock.

Very cool photo, PaulS. PaulS. !! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: (I enjoy seeing your superb white bone teardrop, and your commitment to it! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:)

Here's another in my "Have a Very Lambsfoot Christmas 2017" series from a year ago. :rolleyes: I call this one "Rosewood Hanging Out in Fraser Fir":
geqrmsY.jpg

- GT

Back