traditional knives in movies

Hi
My favorite Christmas movie which is aired every Christmas eve in Sweden is called "Can You Whistle Johanna?" in Swedish. It is about two 8 year old boys, one of them really wants a Grand dad. So they steal a flower and go to the retirement home to find one, which they do. One of the boys carries a Mora scout and eventually the other kid gets a really nice pocket knife with which he eventually also cuts a rose for his adopted granddad. Beautiful story.
vmcQuOQ.jpg

sw4na0s.jpg

ipXFkse.jpg

fF6lEd3.jpg

ktTl0Rh.jpg

jFggkbv.jpg

It reminds me of my childhood when most kids carried knives. I really like the pocket knife, yellow white, equal ends, but I cant see what it is.

Regards Erik

Hi
My favorite Christmas movie which is aired every Christmas eve in Sweden is called "Can You Whistle Johanna?" in Swedish. It is about two 8 year old boys, one of them really wants a Grand dad. So they steal a flower and go to the retirement home to find one, which they do. One of the boys carries a Mora scout and eventually the other kid gets a really nice pocket knife with which he eventually also cuts a rose for his adopted granddad. Beautiful story.
vmcQuOQ.jpg

sw4na0s.jpg

ipXFkse.jpg

fF6lEd3.jpg

ktTl0Rh.jpg

jFggkbv.jpg

It reminds me of my childhood when most kids carried knives. I really like the pocket knife, yellow white, equal ends, but I cant see what it is.

Regards Erik
Sounds like a very nice movie, I'll have to look and see if I can find it with subtitles :thumbsup:
The pocketknife looks to be a Camillus 23 large jack, I have one thats been recovered in mother of pearl.
VqkyFWF.jpg

Also mine has had file work on the blade spines and back springs. He did indeed receive a really good knife imho!:cool::thumbsup:

Very cool! This movie sounds great.

-- Mark

Sounds like a very nice movie, I'll have to look and see if I can find it with subtitles :thumbsup:
The pocketknife looks to be a Camillus 23 large jack, I have one thats been recovered in mother of pearl.
VqkyFWF.jpg

Also mine has had file work on the blade spines and back springs. He did indeed receive a really good knife imho!:cool::thumbsup:
"Kan du vissla Johanna? " is the Swedish title. Tell me if you suceed

Last edited:
Geez, I have so few medical skills! :eek::(
I think I might start practicing that stropping-on-hip technique though; that looks cool and useful! ;)

- GT

That kid really did need a granddad. Someone needs to teach him how to properly use a knife. Not a good idea placing a finger on the spine of a spring knife.

I do that all the time to get more control of the blade. Never an issue, but it may be for a young boy who is not careful.

I've been catching up on the series American Gods (an adaptation of the novel by Neil Gaiman, which happens to be one of my absolute favorite books). I watched the first season when it originally aired a couple years ago, but missed the second season for some reason or other. Since the third season just started, I figured I'd start from the beginning.

In the third episode of Season 2, Mr. Wednesday (Ian McShane) briefly uses a stiletto-style switchblade. (Those seem to be popping up a lot in this thread recently.)

60lss8f.png

4xCMXO6.png

American Gods again, Season 2 Episode 7. Mr. Wednesday pulls the same switchblade out of his pocket (despite having tossed it aside and left it in a field in the previous scene in which it appeared). I guess one of the advantages of being a god is that you never lose your EDC knife. :D

9Eci0Jg.jpg

American Gods again, Season 2 Episode 7. Mr. Wednesday pulls the same switchblade out of his pocket (despite having tossed it aside and left it in a field in the previous scene in which it appeared). I guess one of the advantages of being a god is that you never lose your EDC knife. :D

9Eci0Jg.jpg

Season 3 has pasties, and Harry's Car On The Ice! :eek: :cool: :D ;) :thumbsup:

Back