traditional knives in movies

Here's a Buck-style lockback from the show Shameless (S9E11).

nvoyiim.png

VZ0RKWx.png

dJAcqM5.png

Saw an Andy Griffith episode last night where Andy used what looked like the clip blade of a stockman to cut some lipstick and place in on sleeping Barney Fife's fingers. Then he tickled Barney's face with some straw (or something) and Barney got lipstick all over his face. He woke up and saw someone parking in front of a fire hydrant, and told the guy to move his car. The guy stared at Barney and then blew him a kiss. :p

I discovered they now have 39 episodes of Ultraman on Youtube. This young mountaineering scout has a nice fixed blade on his belt in episode 9. An earlier episode featured a smuggler with some sort of folding knife, but It was too small and appeared too briefly to get a screen capture.

Never seen that film, but the snippet whetted my appetite:cool: all that smoking....people look well dressed then mind, not slouches like today. Very cool rimless glasses too.

Fancy driving any of your knives into a hard table.....? :D:eek::eek: And yeah, we've all had knives fall out of our pockets (maybe not that one though..) the figure who admitted buying an illegal knife would likely be looking at 12 to life these days :oops:;)

I apologize if this movie was already mentioned in this thread; I tried to check back through the pages, but each page on Bladeforums takes forever to load on my IPad.

Night of the Hunter (1955). Robert Mitchum played a serial killing preacher whose weapon of choice was a switchblade. In this jail cell scene, the switchblade appears from about 1:30:

Jim

Thanks for the reminder of a great movie and a "Monk" episode. Monk served on a jury where the evidence knife helped him escape from being tied up after first using the knife to try and straighten some shades.:)

I went on a Monk binge a few months back, and after I posted about 12 Angry Men I thought about that episode. Thanks for bringing it up! One of my favorite shows.

Any ideas what sort of knife that may have been in Reds hand ? Looks very cool
It looked to me like a bareheaded ebony jack, with a federal shield. A very appropriate knife for the character and period.

The 1937 Humphrey Bogart film Dead End has at least one small traditional pocketknife in at least a couple of scenes. But it’s treated as a weapon in the movie.

Jim

Back