Traditional mug shots

oct2010002-2.jpg

roland

Just to prove wrong,a rumor,started by fellow knife purv's.... a futile attempt to lessen my knife relocations...
I,am not in the witness protection program.

081.jpg

Me, west of the Continental Divide on a hike at a little over 10,000 feet in the Centennial State. Fifty plus years worth of youth on display.

me_zps22455d4b.jpg

jwh

Cool to see everyone's pics!
Here's me, at work, in the spring time.

Attachments

• work1.jpg
    work1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 145
Proof that I wasn't always an old gray haired knife collector :p

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

rproctor, is that the young'un who colors in your Guide To Knives? She's a sweetheart, either way. Thanks for the picture.

'Tis I:

7096376581_ac39a267e8_n.jpg

~ P.

Now I know how you bought all those wonderful customs of yours... :D
When my laptop stops with the seizures, I will find a pic of myself as well :)

Fausto
:cool:

It was my thought, too... Now we know... :D :p

Great pics, fellows. Keep 'em going!

What in the world are you doing to that tiger, Elliot?

A buddy of mine worked at the Miami Zoo and I was allowed in while the zoo was closed to play with a pair of sibling Bengals for a few hours while mama looked on (safely behind bars).
The one in the image was having a bit of fun with me. He'd swat me and I'd swat him back and then he'd try to get away.
I actually ended up prying the jaws of one off my wife's wrist. It wasn't trying to hurt her (just playing rough) but it left a mark.
I have a bunch of pix of them. They were truly beautiful animals.

Now I know how you bought all those wonderful customs of yours... :D

Fausto
:cool:

It was my thought, too... Now we know... :D :p

Yeah, I feared posting that one for that very reason. :p

Sounds like you've had some rich and unusual experiences Elliott :)

Here's me in my climbing days

Sounds like you've had some rich and unusual experiences Elliott :)

Here's me in my climbing days

Very cool, Jack. I just posted these on another part of the forum: That's me in the first image:

orig.jpg

Scott Fischer (with glacier goggles) also at the top. Scott later died on Mt. Everest and was the subject of the book "Into Thin Air"

orig.jpg

Excellent Elliott, I'm afraid I lost most of my photos years ago, all I have is some of the ones that were published (many in monochrome). Into Thin Air is an excellent book IMO, I have a number of copies as it's one of the books I buy regularly for other people. I was Gear Editor of Climber (UK) for a couple years,and the Climbing Editor of the magazine I posted the pic from for longer. Seems like a long time ago now :)

Excellent Elliott, I'm afraid I lost most of my photos years ago, all I have is some of the ones that were published (many in monochrome). Into Thin Air is an excellent book IMO, I have a number of copies as it's one of the books I buy regularly for other people. I was Gear Editor of Climber (UK) for a couple years,and the Climbing Editor of the magazine I posted the pic from for longer. Seems like a long time ago now :)

You'll be happy to know that I used to be riveted by stories of Joe Brown, Dougal Haston, Chris Bonnington and the other UK climbers who were so instrumental in advancing the sport.

I still have a fair amount of images but many of them are beginning to fade. I was surprised when I took a digital camera snap of the images in my album that the software was able to give the images a bit more life. I think we'll have to share a pint or two and talk about this further. Let me know if you plan to attend the Blade Show. It'd be my great pleasure.

Those images were taken back in 1974 in the Wind River Range of Wyoming. Scott was 19 or 20, I was 21. We stayed in touch on and off over the years up until the end.
(His future wife was also with us on this trip.)

You'll be happy to know that I used to be riveted by stories of Joe Brown, Dougal Haston, Chris Bonnington and the other UK climbers who were so instrumental in advancing the sport.

I still have a fair amount of images but many of them are beginning to fade. I was surprised when I took a digital camera snap of the images in my album that the software was able to give the images a bit more life. I think we'll have to share a pint or two and talk about this further. Let me know if you plan to attend the Blade Show. It'd be my great pleasure.

Those images were taken back in 1974 in the Wind River Range of Wyoming. Scott was 19 or 20, I was 21. We stayed in touch on and off over the years up until the end.
(His future wife was also with us on this trip.)

There were certainly some characters in the older days Elliott, let's not forget Don Whillans! :D I was very fortunate in being able to count many of the great British rock climbers as pals, when in the past they had just been heroes, Ron Fawcett for instance. The last time I saw Chris Bonnington (who I only ever met a couple of times) was Everest - not the great mountain I'm afraid, but a curry-house in Harrogate! :D

Sadly, so many of those great characters died prematurely :(

A pint would be fantastic Elliott, I've already noticed you have excellent taste in beer as well as knives! :thumbup: I'm afraid I'm unlikely to make the Blade Show, but if you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll treat you to all the slipjoints we can find in Otley and beer too :thumbup: :)

There were certainly some characters in the older days Elliott, let's not forget Don Whillans! :D I was very fortunate in being able to count many of the great British rock climbers as pals, when in the past they had just been heroes, Ron Fawcett for instance. The last time I saw Chris Bonnington (who I only ever met a couple of times was Everest - not the great mountain I'm afraid, but a curry-house in Harrogate! :D

Sadly, so many of those great characters died prematurely :(

A pint would be fantastic Elliott, I've already noticed you have excellent taste in beer as well as knives! :thumbup: I'm afraid I'm unlikely to make the Blade Show, but if you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll treat you to all the slipjoints we can find in Otley and beer too :thumbup: :)

I met Bonington at the American Alpine Club in NY years ago after one of his expeditions. It was a nice evening.

I'm ashamed to say that the only time I've been in the UK was when I was in London in 2002 working with some good friends at Scotland Yard. (I had the pleasure of staying in Mayfair at the Grosvenor House. The gov't got that one right. LOL!) My wife would like me to remedy this (since she wasn't along) so you have a deal regardless of which side of the Atlantic we meet on. :thumbup:

Elliott,

Didn't I see you on an episode of Miami Vice?;)

Here's a photo of my girlfriend and I at Skywalker Ranch last October.

20111031_0445.jpg

Here's a shot I took while we were kayaking out of Onancock

DSCN2054.jpg

Another kayaking pic. This boat's been up there a while.

DSCN2052.jpg

Nice to put faces to those familiar monikers.

Here's my ugly mug:

Swilling coca leaf tea in Puru:
Perusm.jpg

Mugging with my Coats toothpick:
Rickwithaslipjoint.jpg

Demoing a bass at the NAMM show:
NAMM02a.jpg

And old older one at Iaido class - back row on the right (caucazoids at the back of the bus). I've been at it for goin' on fifteen years.
Iaido.jpg

Back