• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Traditional Sharpening Services

Hello Jason. I dropped my Fellhoelter FLG and broke about 1/8 of an inch off the tip. Wanted to know if you can fix it for me.
I'll send an email also to the above address.

Thanks
Rick

I just got about 10 knives back from Jason and they are much sharper than anything I've seen. His machine sharpening and hand sharpening are both great values. I'm definitely going to be a repeat customer.
Thanks, Jason!

Last edited:
Wow! Jason did it again. Made my broken knife look like new.
I've been sending knives to Jason for years and he always provides great service
with fast turn around times. Thank you sir.

Rick

Just got my knife back from Jason. It went from a butter knife to this-

2014-10-22%2003.15.34%201.jpg

Thanks Jason!

I think Jason has been my go-to guy since early 2010 for knives that prove too much for me. He's never failed to bring out the best in a knife. Usually when I send him an EDC to sharpen, it suddenly keeps a good working edge far longer than it used to while being oddly easier to maintain. I was impressed enough with his EDC edges to want to see what he can do with a straight razor. I'll say that the edge is his canvas, and stones are his palette. I sent him a razor with a nick, and what he sent back is what I'm to understand is called a velvet squeegee. Easily the most pleasant shaves I've had are with the razor he honed for me.

I recently received a used strider that was butter knife dull and the edge was too thick for me to tackle confidently.
He sharpened it up and got it back to me in about a week in amazing shape. I'm very impressed and the price would have been fair for a machine sharpening. The fact that he does this by hand is a huge bonus and really a bargain.

Thanks Jason!

Just got a pair of fixed blades back from Jason after the handsharpening treatment. All I can say is holy cow. I never thought my Rat 3 could be this sharp after what I had reduced it to edge wise(to say it was butter knife dull would have been generous). Awesome awesome work, Jason!

IMAG0061_zpsf4ea4gwi.jpg

IMAG0062_zpsg5gdtvgw.jpg

Starting August 1st

There will be some pricing and shipping changes coming August 1st. There will be a slight increase on Machine sharpening and free return shipping over $50 will also increase.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason, what is your usual turn around? I'm looking to send my zt0562cf in for a mirror finish but can't email you. Thank you. Andy (aandrewtruong@yahoo.com)

I wanted to mention I sent Jason both two camp knives (Koster and Mora) with zero grinds. One had an unfortunate bevel due to a local sharpening resource.
I am very happy with both knives. These very thick almost axe like grinds are able to delicately cut a tomato. Apples are still not great due to the wedge shape but that is not a sharpening issue.

I am sure they are going to hold a nice edge a be useful tools now.

Last edited:
I have two knives I would like to send to you. I'm still fairly novice, and one of the knives (Spyderco Gayle Bradley) I let get too dull and am having a very difficult time with, and the other is a PM2 which has chipping and edge retention issues. I thought if I had the blade professionally sharpened/new bevel put on it might help with the chipping issues. I'll send you an email on this as well, thanks.

I would like to take a moment to give great thanks to Jason for his time and work on my Flytanium 51. The off-center factory grind threw me for a loop, and he put a beautiful, incredibly sharp edge on the blade. I am extremely particular about my possessions, and Jason handled and repackaged my knife exactly as I had it, and provided perfect communication along the way.

For anyone considering utilizing the services he offers, please do not hesitate.

Back