• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Traditional Sharpening Services

I recently got a couple back and went with a machine sharpening on one of my value folders. Even though it is not done entirely by hand it still came out far better than any factory edge I have ever seen. Excellent work!

Some incredible and generous friends bought me this knife a couple of months back. An L.T. Wright Patriot in stag. A beautiful and tiny fixie that I'd been drooling over for years. It's a great knife. Beautiful and unique with those stag handles. There was a problem though. It was supposed to be a FFG. In fact it had a slight but noticeable hollow grind. The grind behind the edge was very thick, the blade metal was very roughly ground, bumpy to the touch and to be frank, it didn't slice or even cut very well. This really bothered me. I'm a user, not a collector. A knife this beautiful deserves to work as well as it looks. Finally I got off my butt and sent it to Jason. What came back was what I'd always imagined this knife might be.

patriot7.jpg

Jason reground it to a true FFG, polished up the blade so although you can still see the grind lines, you can't feel them any more. The blade is thinner behind the edge and it now cuts, well, cuts like D2 steel has no right to cut. That's the second time he's turned a D2 knife of mine into a light sabre. He also acid dipped it to show the structure of the steel.

patriot8.jpg

Another knife (M390 steel) back from Jason reprofiled to a razor sharp 15 degree edge (per side) and with a lovely mirror polish!

EB_3.jpg

Back