• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Traditional Sharpening Services

I decided this year I would start posting more photos, so to kick it off here is an Emerson Commander I recently sharpened.

Originally, this knife came in for a regular sharpening but after inspecting the edge I found it to be very dull, especially at the serrations. Typically, I can buff serrations back but in this case some grinding of the back bevel was required. So, after speaking with the customer he agreed to let me do as needed to restore the sharpness. The black coated blade usually causes a problem with serration sharpening but I do what I call my "Battlefield" mod on knives like these which IMO, makes them look sweet!

Enjoy,

D811680F-0C9E-4181-8790-2A83A58057DD.jpg

8132418A-286B-47DE-8D00-D7D57382D6BE.jpg

3BCDD144-E736-4A89-8E04-A0FD32727804.jpg

This bushcraft knife comes to me from half way around the world. Jerusalem to be exact.

Finished on my lovely Kohetsu 2k, very consistent scratch pattern with a very dull finish but insanely sharp.

E6661DE6-2EAC-4645-B70B-90A43F11F99B.jpg

83F88A30-8D7B-40EA-AE97-647B3CD2742A.jpg

Great job on the battlefield mod! Love the look!

Do you sharpen swords brother?

I have sharpened one sword, it was extremely difficult and I discovered I really don't have the proper stones to do it. Tall stones with heavily rounded ends are used for good reason.

I do know some sharpeners that work with swords so if you would like some recommendations just send me an email.

had jason sharpen a couple knives a while back they were great.had sharpening on my mind over the weekend so sent him (4) more this morning,had really quick turn around time. thanks jason

thanks jason the hay helper and thes&m scout 99 are dangerus sharp.send you some more in a few days.

jason im starting a little project, i have a new case mini copperhead warncliffe.iam planning on changing the handles to ebony.any suggestion on who would do a good job at a fair price?

Just got a custom knife back from Jason B. His sharpening skills and attention to detail are truly impressive. Awesome work!

Even though I am not a regular poster by any stretch, I thought I'd leave a word about Jason and his sharpening services.

I originally joined the forum to research sharpening (either buying one myself or using someone's services) and I came across this thread. After a bunch of procrastinating, I finally got around to sending off my knives to Jason a couple weeks ago, and I just got them back today. In short, I am very happy with the entire experience. Jason was prompt in his communication, he was easy to deal with, and the blades came back with very nice edges. I sent him plain edges and combo blades with a variety of blade shapes, and he ended up doing machine and hand sharpening.

All in all, it was a pleasure dealing with him. As such, I wouldn't hesitate to use him in the future.

Dave

My Ludt was in need of a good sharpening.

I sent my knife in to Traditional Sharpening Services and am thoroughly impressed with the results.

Jason is a true professional and turned the knife around quickly so I could get it back on patrol.

I highly recommend his sharpening services, deal with confidence.

Last edited:
Jason recently sharpened and worked on my two (2) GSD...
Fantastic work and great communication...

Thanks Jason!

This bushcraft knife comes to me from half way around the world. Jerusalem to be exact.

Finished on my lovely Kohetsu 2k, very consistent scratch pattern with a very dull finish but insanely sharp.
Hey I recognise that :D Actually came from the UK to Jason and then back to Jerusalem. 15,000 mile round trip. Many of my knives did the full US to Jerusalem then back to Jason then back to Jerusalem, a 20,000 mile trip. Until I got savvy and started drop shipping them directly to him.

But he should show the best one (out of many) he did for me.

This Queen came blunt and incredibly thick behind the edge.

newk1.jpg

I took it to what is supposed to be the best place in the city. They said they would thin it out slightly. What returned looked like a drunk teenager set loose with a dremel with old bits. I got in touch with Jason and asked for a repair job resulting in a thinned out FFG slicer. Boy but that is what I got! D2 isn't supposed to be able to take an edge like that! A slicer second only to an Opinel. I have no higher praise.

hank.jpg

just got a couple jks back from jason this week,they should have came with band-aids.thanks jason the others are boxed and ready

Back