Traditional treasure hunt picture game

I know. It's scary that I still have 4 Nokia phones from that era. 2 are the same model, so I left one out. I'll try to find a charger and see if I can get one powered up. Those were the days of proprietary chargers though.

As I said in my failed chicken and egg photo, i'd like to see a Christmas themed knife or at least one in the traditional Christmas colors (red, white, and green, though silver or gold might be acceptable too) with an antique Christmas ornament. The State of Virginia allows you to register a motor vehicle as antique once it reaches 25 years old, so I'm looking for an ornament at least 25 years old.

That liquid in the snow-globe is so old it's gone through a process of reduction (how wine ages) or just leaked! :D

Ttmo5D0.jpg

Attachments

• Snow.JPG
    Snow.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 6
Just because I had to get the bonus points, I found a charger and the snake game!

View attachment 1032329

Fantastic! :D I managed to fall in Sheffield canal with my first Nokia phone! :rolleyes: It wasn't waterproof unfortunately, but I once saw one of the same type (3410) survive being run over by a delivery vehicle! :eek: :D :thumbsup:

OK, I'd like to see a Nessmuk knife and a traditional fire-steel (not a ferro rod) :thumbsup:

Is that a Rough Rider?

It is, I bought it a few years back as my Xmas knife. I had one in white bone too, but gave that one away. I do have pics though :) I just noticed there's a crack in the covers I've not seen before (though I can see it on the old pics, so maybe I forgot! :rolleyes:) :thumbsup:

RR SS Sowbelly Sockman 1-4.JPG

Thanks Jack Black Jack Black
Those covers really caught my eye, love the spacers. I thought maybe it was a RR, a brick and mortar store near me has a RR congress with similar covers.

No trouble my friend :) Rough Riders cost at least twice as much here as in the US, but still very inexpensive. If they ever do a Lambsfoot in carbon steel I'll be all over it! :D ;) :thumbsup:

Sorry! I hadn't even thought of that! (The full expression is usually "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." :thumbsup: :D)
No worries, I see it as a bonus :) I can't wait for the opportunity to use the translated version on unsuspecting friends, colleagues or family :p

Last edited:
Couple hours left. You may have stumped us, Jack! :cool:

Oh no! :( I've seen quite a few Nessmuk knives posted here in the past. I forget who owns it, but there's a particularly nice one made from a file :thumbsup:

Edit - It belongs to @thefrank :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Isn't a Nessmuk made of 1095 steel actually a fire steel itself?

Isn't a Nessmuk made of 1095 steel actually a fire steel itself?

Well any carbon steel item can produce a spark, with varying degrees of efficiency. I sometimes use a file, which even in an unannealed state will produce a spark, as will the back of a knife. A fire-steel, which has been hardened, but not tempered, will produce sparks a lot more efficiently. So, I'd say no, a Nessmuk Knife is a knife, a file is a file, and a fire-steel is a fire-steel, they aren't the same thing :thumbsup:

Back