Traditionals from all over the world

A Böker Winzermesser (oak scales made out of old wine barrels). A knife that should always sit in a pocket... I just have that question : why, in this pattern, is the big blade on the small bolster ? (saw it on the Scout knife above, too).

dyLzyVq.jpg

Just a guess but maybe the opener is on the large bolster end due to the extra pressure that gets exerted on that tool, and that it's thicker/wider steel than an ordinary blade? Or maybe it's the layout of the blade wells?

Very nice item mind :thumbsup:

And I think this is a French knife but do not know for sure... LKL Garantie

View attachment 1015002
The pattern is known in France as Alsacian or Massu (sledgehammer), often with the corkscrew, and a single blade it is also made in Germany. "Garantie" sounds Flemish, so perhaps Belgian or Dutch?
Nice knives.

Hungarian slipjoint
20160611.jpg

20160611.jpg
This pattern is a Fejesgörbe # rounded with head.

And I think this is a French knife but do not know for sure... LKL Garantie

View attachment 1015002
I think its german... as far as i know, garantie is either dutch or german.i surges the internet in dutch and german. Found nothing that leads back to a company. Is there something else written on the blade?
I think its german because lkl in german is short for lochkartenlocher. It means something like a card punch. It punches papercard in the day when there were no computers as we know then now.
Its a gues, but maby it means it cuts very well...

I think its german... as far as i know, garantie is either dutch or german.i surges the internet in dutch and german. Found nothing that leads back to a company. Is there something else written on the blade?
I think its german because lkl in german is short for lochkartenlocher. It means something like a card punch. It punches papercard in the day when there were no computers as we know then now.
Its a gues, but maby it means it cuts very well...
Thanks for checking... I will take a look for any other markings later today :thumbsup:

Thanks for checking... I will take a look for any other markings later today :thumbsup:
No problem! It was a pleaure and helpt get my german refreshed. But... no way of being sure... it is possible it means something totally different.
I love those mystery knives! :D :thumbsup:

Lionsteel - Italy- all stainless/titanium construction with Ram's Horn/Mufflon slabs. The finish and execution of the knife are of the highest order, real standard setter. Carries very neatly too, massively surprised by this one!

EkkKReK.jpg

bQvr2jy.jpg

Back