TV show Alone situation

Which knife?

• Field Knife

• Heavy Duty Field Knife aka NASK

• Light Chopper

Results are only viewable after voting.
Happy Canada Day to our wayward Northerly neighbors or as the Queen's language goes: Neighbours, eh? :)

axe, waterfilter- honey badger don't care

initially, I thought honey badger would be a perfect name for the HDFK, but then I saw someone else already had that idea. Too late!

Sumbich! How does an animal figure out how to take on a cobra? Sort of a limited window of opportunity to get it right and a whole lotta ways to get it wrong (and pay a hefty penalty).

I see your Honey Badger and I will raise you my Tasmanian Devil. In the Kingdom of the animals who don't give a fooque about anything, I'd give a slight nod to the TD vs the HB because it has a more gnarly bite, believe it or not! :eek:

Sumbich! How does an animal figure out how to take on a cobra? Sort of a limited window of opportunity to get it right and a whole lotta ways to get it wrong (and pay a hefty penalty).
Cobra Venom = Nappy Time for Honey Badger. Unlimited lives.

According to certain zookeepers, the Tasmanian Devil is the smartest animal on the planet.

That Tasmanian Devil, must somehow be linked back to the Velociraptor, I tell ya!

I'll bring one of Liam's mini camp axe in case I run into a honey badger, and a Field knife. :D

5MSmpRA.jpg

vmEfRun.jpg

I really enjoy the show but i wish they would spend more time on the 10 items and the philosophy behind how the contestants chose what they bring. Chosing which blade to bring would be the hardest part for me. I usually have 2 blades on me whenever im in the woods, a midsized kukri and something smaller(3-5") to go with it. Ive got alot of time with my kukri so i can do most tasks with it, but its not very good at carving. If im going to be alone in the woods for a long time im probably going to doing a lot of carving. So do i bring 2 blades and leave something else... decisions, decisions

I am realizing now I should have at least added the EDC to the poll.

I thought about putting some options for two knife scenarios in place of an axe/saw but thought it might get too confusing and possibly have too many poll choices to list the different pairings.

I looked back on a few contestants to see their loadout and season 1 winner Alan Kay took a kukri, an axe, and a saw.

I really enjoy the show but i wish they would spend more time on the 10 items and the philosophy behind how the contestants chose what they bring. Chosing which blade to bring would be the hardest part for me. I usually have 2 blades on me whenever im in the woods, a midsized kukri and something smaller(3-5") to go with it. Ive got alot of time with my kukri so i can do most tasks with it, but its not very good at carving. If im going to be alone in the woods for a long time im probably going to doing a lot of carving. So do i bring 2 blades and leave something else... decisions, decisions

I agree. I'd like to see more time spent on the 10 item selection. What they chose and why.

Maybe they could make a show "Talking Alone" and Chris Hardwick could host it. :p

Which kukri do you use? I have a large Busse Huck and Huck Fin, but I think a mid-size Kukri would be much better for me and allow me to take advantage of the versatility of the kukri design much more.

I'll bring one of Liam's mini camp axe in case I run into a honey badger, and a Field knife. :D

5MSmpRA.jpg

vmEfRun.jpg

I was not familiar with Liam's work. Looking at his website now he has a lot of good looking axes. Thanks for sharing.

And that FK sheath. :eek: Just wow. Perfect timing to show that beauty off for the 4th as well. :cool:

How do you like that Liam's axe? I have had my eye on his work for awhile!

5MSmpRA.jpg

vmEfRun.jpg

I love them! Top notch craftsmanship, and they come sharp as hell. I got two of his Mini axes when they were available at BladeHQ, and I got a couple on order from his website. The wait on his website was about a year though. This is the other one I got, Bearded Mini Camp Axe. :thumbsup::)
x7n15WG.jpg

I love them! Top notch craftsmanship, and they come sharp as hell. I got two of his Mini axes when they were available at BladeHQ, and I got a couple on order from his website. The wait on his website was about a year though. This is the other one I got, Bearded Mini Camp Axe. :thumbsup::)
Very nice, thanks to you and MOS for the info:thumbsup:
x7n15WG.jpg

Back