Two Cheezeburgerz and a large SNARK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I made chicken breasts (boobies!) with some olive oil, then a whole bunch of spices (lemon pepper, garlic, salt, cayenne, ginger, pepper, etc) and then I also made fingerling potatoes, par-boiled then smashed, drizzled with oil sprinkled with salt flakes, pepper, garlic and parmiggiano-reggiano. Then tucked it into the broiler. The outside peaks were crunchy, the insides were soft and yummy. Then I finished supper with some green beans with just a pad of butter and some garlic. It was SO yummy!

I really dislike when you guys start talking about your amazing meals at night.......now i have to go eat a lousy bowl of cereal :D1

I was a piker... Nothing fancy for supper - all I did was grill some tilapia and cook up some fresh zuchini squash and garden fresh frozen blackeye peas (from back in the spring). Dessert was a handful of animal crackers with daubs of fresh ground honey roasted peanut butter.

ETA: and lemonade from fresh squeezed "trying to go old" lemons.

The local grocery store sells their "going old" lemons for 25-30 cents per bag of 20+ lemons. No bag ever has the same number of lemons. They drop the lemons in bag, slap a piece of masking tape on the bag and write a cheapie price on them to get rid of them. I'll buy 2-3 bags (3 today), squeeze them out and then freeze the juice in pint freezer jars, defrosting as I need them. I add an ounce of lemon juice to a 16.9 oz bottle of water with a package of stevia and make "poor man's lemonade" to drink in lace of sodas. I'll make 2-3 each morning and take them in a small cooler w/ a blue-ice block. I haven't bought $1.69+ bottles of sodas in a couple of years. Cuts out the sugar and saves about $1.30 a bottle. My "home-made" soda savings alone can fund a BK/month

Last edited:
I really dislike when you guys start talking about your amazing meals at night.......now i have to go eat a lousy bowl of cereal :D1

You don't have to....you could have popcorn instead ;)! Or my fav late night carbo load, a bowl of rice. Sometimes even with cheese....and a little bacon crumbles from the Hormel bag. No one is forcing you to eat cereal.

I had a grilled chicken breast salad that the wife made me for dinner... Been on a salad kick lately myself... Whenever its hot i crave fruits and veggies... Also just finished eating up some of the ribs i grilled yesterday as a midnight snack.

Wife and kids ate some potato salad, tuna pasta salad, and BBQ ribs and chicken.. Since they were sleep when i finished the ribs and chicken yesterday night.... But the tuna pasta and potato salad both had mayo in it... I dont do mayo.

My chicken breast salad was great though!!

I just bought a new pasta maker... It's only a 6" wide so I can't make full pan sized sheets of lasagna but I still roll those out by hand. I need to get a new extruder machine. I also bought a pair of gnocchi boards.

Hey guys, I'm not Jst spreading hate on DQ, the One here is legitimately horrendous, especially the flamethrower. I've given them more than one chance and ordered darn near everything on the menu.

Ww, I don't recall chicken strips and gravy but will take a look for them.

Idk what Timmy hos Is guys .

They've opened a Hardees where I live and I'm gunna try that next

ok, but now the frame is like 6 foot too long, what is going where the sleeper was? Or is the long frame a new "thing" its been a LONG time since I had any involvement in the tractor world.

Ac700 nails it.

Damn! That's a helluva nice lookin Pete. I always liked the round headlights better. I bet it sounds mean with those straight pipes. What's it have for a motor? Gotta be a Cat? What's it gonna be pulling?

A lot of people go for the long stretched look. They are tough to maneuver in tight places, but look sexy! This one shouldn't be bad tho beings they just took off the sleeper and it looks like the frame wasn't stretched.

^This^....... as far as the 1%ers and the show truck guys that come to our shop. Long and low is where its at. This guy didnt use the sleeper, so it was removed and it gives it the appearance that its been stretched but has the stock wheelbase. My buddy that owns the shop has a Peterbilt like this one with the sleeper still on it plus a 6ft. Frame stretch, its pretty crazy, I pulled it out of the shop once and took like a 26pt. Turn to get it out lol.
This guy is pulling a flatbed with this one. He just bought a new Pete that hes bringing to us that we're suppossed to do about the same thing to, plus possibly chop the top on. but this one will be a 100% show truck and he wants it done by the big Louisville truck show in March. We'll see.

I just bought a new pasta maker... It's only a 6" wide so I can't make full pan sized sheets of lasagna but I still roll those out by hand. I need to get a new extruder machine. I also bought a pair of gnocchi boards.

Since you're now a "St. Louisan", you should add mostaccioli ("little mustache") to the list. It tastes like lasagna, but is easier to make. Also know as penne lisce, it was always baked in a casserole with ground meat or sausage, chunky tomato sauce, and cheese. When I was growing up, I don't believe I ever went to wedding reception or funeral luncheon in south St. Louis that didn't serve mostaccioli. I'm pretty sure there must be some sort of law that requires it to be served at these events.

Work has been so slow, it's pathetic. It will pick up in a few weeks , however, and I'll be wishing for days like this, haha.

Im out of work until I get 30 days of use with a cpap machine. I just finished my last day of work a few hours ago. The boss was kinda mad at me last night when i refused to work a couple days that he needs off later this month. I just told him that I don't want to chance the tickets and getting shut down. Not to mention the hike in insurance premiums and other things it might cost me. Just not worth it.

I'm going to take today off and hopefully get to start working for a farmer tomorrow.

Don't worry too much ac. There's always work for people that have a real skill and are willing to work hard. I'm not sure about your licensing situation but I asked a friend about it. He said he thinks you'd be ok driving as long as it doesn't require a CDL.

He knew a guy that lost his CDL and started driving a route for Mrs. Baird's bread. The money was about the same but the benefits were better. Anyway, I hope it works out for you.

Don't worry too much ac. There's always work for people that have a real skill and are willing to work hard. I'm not sure about your licensing situation but I asked a friend about it. He said he thinks you'd be ok driving as long as it doesn't require a CDL.

He knew a guy that lost his CDL and started driving a route for Mrs. Baird's bread. The money was about the same but the benefits were better. Anyway, I hope it works out for you.

I'm not too worried. I'll be back to my normal job again once I get the 30 days on the machine. I just need to work until then, which I'm hoping the farming thing will take care of. I'll actually be driving truck for them too more than likely. In ND you only need a regular license to drive a farmers semi, so I'm good there. I do still have my cdl, but I don't have the medical certification for a while. Its honestly going to be nice to switch things up a bit.

Since you're now a "St. Louisan", you should add mostaccioli ("little mustache") to the list. It tastes like lasagna, but is easier to make. Also know as penne lisce, it was always baked in a casserole with ground meat or sausage, chunky tomato sauce, and cheese. When I was growing up, I don't believe I ever went to wedding reception or funeral luncheon in south St. Louis that didn't serve mostaccioli. I'm pretty sure there must be some sort of law that requires it to be served at these events.
It's still the law, mostaccioli, Imos, Fried chicken, and gooey butter cake. It's kind of nasty all together but yeah. Penne is harder since it's an extruded pasta, I need another one of those (extruder machine.)

Work has been so slow, it's pathetic. It will pick up in a few weeks , however, and I'll be wishing for days like this, haha.
I totally feel you Dubz! But if you getting paid for the slow time enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back