Ultimate H.I. Kukri Khonvention - ideas and suggestions: what/where/when

Azis, are you talking about having an HI booth at Blade? That is a great idea that's been thrown around in the past.

I've been kicking around the idea of going to Blade for the Busse/Swamp Rat/Scrapyard stuff. If HI got a booth too, then I would DEFINITELY go.

Two things needed -

1. Discrete location where we can use some khuks. (may require private property!)

2. As many knuts as possible.

Hello All, I'd sure like to go to HI-Khonvention,my work is seasonal so between june and nov. I have nothing but free time.

forgot to mention - Yangdu is ok with traveling...Vegas would be a good option.

Bura coming to the USA is not feasible as it would require Yangdu going to Nepal to get him a visa.

vegas would work out great for my fiance and i...
we are already planning another trip there :D :thumbup:
2 birds with 1 stone :)

another question...would you guys be interested in inviting several sellers/makers/etc. to the event?

I wouldn't mind bringing stuff...and I'm sure there are others that would like a table to set up stuff...like Thomas L., or Andy, Leatherface, etc...

custom knife makers sure no problemo,HI is custom maker!
I wonder who's the one to set the date??

sellers/makers etc tables... that would be awesome!!!
gotta start saving $$$ now i guess lol :) :thumbup:

Long time visitor here with a new id. Long time HI customer.

I too agree with Vegas as a venue. Maybe about the same time as one of the other popular conventions in Vegas like the Consumer Electronics Show. It's a lively atmosphere with a lot going on in town.

Or if that's not a good idea, how about when there's a gun show in town. There'd be a lot of visitors who have an interest in both subjects -- guns and knives.

OK we got VIVA Las Vagas,question is how do ya want to HOST it???
do ya want to book a convention center or rent those very large revival type tents.

Reno is still preferable for me. Vegas is hot and crowded and at least Reno has some areas where you could chop something. If the entire Khonvention is to be held indoors then any indoor venue will do. I'll go along with the majority though.

Norm

No problem with people bringing stuff to sell or show off, but I wouldn't really want them to expect a profit. I'd hate for someone to haul their butt whereever, sell $100 of stuff (for $10 profit) and head home bitter. How many attendees would we expect?

Vegas is OK. Reno would be better - easier to navigate around, fewer distractions. I would prefer some national forest over either, though. Sit around, hack stuff up, sling the bull. Ideally, we'd find a place with an airport, hotels, and nearby open space for those interested in staying/convening outside. I'm wracking my brain, but can't get more than two of the three yet.

Back