Uncle Bill Is Gone

Uncle Bill is not gone...only out of our sight. His spirit, heart and wisdom continue...so how could he be gone? As long as we remember his lessons and try to live up to his example, Bill will always be here with us...untill we go to join him.

I have been browsing this forum since I was 16...so for about 5 years. Uncle Bill was always such a guiding force here, and in many lives. I have not been on the forums in quite some time, and when I saw that the specials were being listed by and replied by only Yangdu, I got worried. I am very sorry to find that Uncle Bill has passed.

UB was a man to be admired. As a teenager coming into my own he demonstrated that one needed only follow the path of what was right to do well. My interactions with UB were limited, but always very pleasant. Both of the knives i have bought from him (the only knives I have bought in the past 4 years) have been both a source of pleasure and pride.

I guess I first thought about UB for the first time in a year when I read about the unrest in Nepal in, I believe, National Geographic. I had always been upset by the rebel activity, but the descriptions just made me think of what UB and Yangdu had done and were doing, and I hoped none of it was disrupted by any of the unrest.

Yangdu, my deepest sympathies. I know I am almost a year late in them and for that I apologize. However, I find that this is grossly inadequate as well as unnecessary. From Uncle Bill's posts I always gathered that you were not only an extraordinary person, but one of extraordinary strength as well.

All my best to you.

I have only recently come across Himalayan Imports as a provider of top-notch Khukuris, over a year after the death of Bill. What I have seen and read in the few weeks that I have been researching this company only confirms my resolve to purchase from them as often as possible.

An ironic moment: just last week I followed the email link at the company's website... sent an email to Bill asking why he believed his product was superior to the others manufactured in nepal. after having read about this company, their business practices, and Bill's reasons for getting into the import/export of quality khukuris, I have all the answers I could have hoped for.

Uncle Bill seemed to be one of those rare men who actually implement their ethics and beliefs into their business practices. For that reason alone, I am deeply impressed with not just the quality of a product, but the quality of the man.

Keep the Kamis working!

Yes, and thank you, brokenhallelujah. (is that from the Leonard Cohen song?)

Yangdu is the driving force behind Himalyan imports now. She is helping people and continueing her Dharma work.

munk

Yeah, it's Cohen. Love the song (and most of his others).

I have spoken with Yangdu several times now, negotiating one of the "clearance" purchases. All sweetness and light, that one...

It's wonderful to deal with wonderful people.

Wish I coulda known Bill.

"Home is the hunter, home from the hills, and the sailor, home from the sea."

I only now stumbled across this threat about the sad passing of Uncle Bill some years ago. I happen to know a little about an ancient chinese Oracle called "The Book of Changes" or Yijing (I Ching). Perhaps its answer about the summary of Uncle Bills live eases your heart.:

The ancient kings inspected the whole country
They contemplated the people and set up education

The heron sits immovable for hours – and in a split second he grasps a fish.
In order to see, one’s own inner world has to be still. Every inner sound overrules the signals, or colors them and distorts them. One can only see under water when the surface is quiet.
And to be as vigilant after hours like in the first minutes, that is also only possible with inner stillness. Time does not exist, every minute is a new minute.
Who does not exist himself can see the world, because he does not look, he sees.

Seeing can make consciousness, or understanding, or helping others, solving trouble, whatever. Seeing goes farther than the eyes.

Creativity can do a lot with few possibilities, if one refrains from a predetermined course, always ready to answer to the moment.

He looked onto his own life and its needs, and let his advancing and withdrawing be decided by that. Not by rules, custom, demands of others, fear, reactions, whatever. He lived, and made sure that he really lived.

Namaste,
Sushil

After reading Uncle Bill's writings..
I regret that I did not know him in this life.
Peace and comfort to Yangdu, and all who did know him.

Back