Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fees are paid by the recipient. In other words if you (Sender) send $100, that is the gross amount. The recipient will get less than $100 as the fees will be taken out.

Actually they are different based on the country.

Here's a link to the Paypal fee schedule: PAYPAL FEES

If you scroll down to where it says, "Sending to other countries" it will show you the fee structure for each country

Thanks, I guess the extra 2 dollars or so on a sale has just never been enough for me to notice or sweat.

Had a clown do this to me last year, had to wait over a week to get my money back from PayPal. Everyone took his side tho.

so, since i don't know wtf g + s means and i hate when people write like that assuming we all know the same stuff. what exactly happened. explain please and thx.

so, since i don't know wtf g + s means and i hate when people write like that assuming we all know the same stuff. what exactly happened. explain please and thx.

Regarding PayPal, G&S is Goods & Services. F&F is friends and family.

I believe what they mean is that the seller listed a price and they sent it G&S and the seller reneged because they wanted the payment F&F.

Edit to add: Ok, that it not what happened. Here's the link to his situation if you want to read it. Another testament as to why reading the GBU is invaluable.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/not-naming-names.1558421/

Last edited:
thx. i figured it out by seeing another post. worse is my recall is horrible and i know the term but forgot. smdh

Is there and better way to exchange payment other than paypal?
Iv been out of the game for a long time.

Is there and better way to exchange payment other than paypal?
Iv been out of the game for a long time.
Overall, not really. Money orders i guess, but they take more time. And most of the other money exchanging apps arent as protected.

I like the cash app. Whenever someone signs up under your invite, you both get $5. Used to be $10. But $5 is still a nice little treatsy.

Yep. When I pay cash at the grocery store, I don't get a discount just because the credit card companies charge the merchant a fee. I suppose I'm subsidizing the folks who do pay with plastic, since I'm sure the store averages out such costs of doing business and sets their prices accordingly.

Interesting analogy. In my county, all county offices clearly add an extra 3% to your bill, taxes, or licensing fees if you choose to pay via CC. They have a sign on the counter to make this clear. So, we go through the trouble to write them checks to save 3%. Every time.

I had always thought this was illegal, but apparently it is not. To be fair, they are not a business.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with offering a discount to customers that are willing to pay in a fashion that avoids fees for a service, providing that you do not wish to reap the possible benefits of said service (such as paying by MO).

To be clear, I would only buy and/or sell via Paypal G&S on the this forum...but it is not the ONLY permissible payment option. Right?

To be clear, I would only buy and/or sell via Paypal G&S on the this forum...but it is not the ONLY permissible payment option. Right?

It depends on what the seller and buyer work out.
I'm unaware of any payment options which violate BF rules. The only requirement being that the payment method must be legal. (example: You can't pay for the knife with illegal drugs.)

Interesting analogy. In my county, all county offices clearly add an extra 3% to your bill, taxes, or licensing fees if you choose to pay via CC. They have a sign on the counter to make this clear. So, we go through the trouble to write them checks to save 3%. Every time.

I had always thought this was illegal, but apparently it is not. To be fair, they are not a business.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with offering a discount to customers that are willing to pay in a fashion that avoids fees for a service, providing that you do not wish to reap the possible benefits of said service (such as paying by MO).

So County or really any Government office will pass the fee on you the customer as they are not a for profit entity for them to eat those fees they would have to budget for it which would mean higher taxes and fees to anything you are paying them it is just simpler this way. Utility companies I notice also do this if you pay online at least I know my previous water company, recently moved, had an oddity where if I paid online with a CC it had a fee but if I walked in and paid with my CC they did not charge me a fee.

An official of the forum can correct me if I am wrong but you are not limited in what payment you can accept only in how you can advertise/list and it is simply that you can't have hidden fees if you list n item for $X then the buyer will pay no more than $X with the only exclusion I can think of being foreign shipping charges or other charges due to special request from the buyer.

What about flakey buyers who send you a PM with "I'll take it" and disappear, only after you've told other buyers the item is spoken for. How about a 1 month ban from the market place? Had two morons do that to me in the last week.

15 years ago, that wouldn't have flown.

What about flakey buyers who send you a PM with "I'll take it" and disappear, only after you've told other buyers the item is spoken for. How about a 1 month ban from the market place? Had two morons do that to me in the last week.

15 years ago, that wouldn't have flown.
Stipulate a payment time frame and then move on to the next buyer quickly if needed. Communicate this to other prospective buyers.

I never say anything about item unavailability until I have money in hand.

Dealing with flaky buyers is part of the game. Unless the offender shows a repeat pattern, I see no reason for the mods to get involved. They have enough to do as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back