Attention UPDATED EXCHANGE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! That's what I needed to know.

It's ok to do either, but the seller needs to provide an all-in price that includes any fees and shipping, rather than leaving it up to the buyer to do the math to figure out the fees.

Also, if a deal goes south and the buyer used F&F, the mods are not going to be able to do much.

I don’t think the mods can do anything with the goods and service payment option either. The point of goods and service payment is the option to file a PayPal claim if the buyer runs out of options trying to work out a problem with the seller.

just clarifying that it’s not the mods responsibilities to fix issues between buyer and seller.

and for fam/friend payment- I sometimes get paid that way and I thank the buyer. It’s nice not to pay fees. If it’s a trusted seller I pay them fam/friend as well. It’s the buyers decision to do so if they feel comfortable.

I don’t think the mods can do anything with the goods and service payment option either. The point of goods and service payment is the option to file a PayPal claim if the buyer runs out of options trying to work out a problem with the seller.

just clarifying that it’s not the mods responsibilities to fix issues between buyer and seller.

and for fam/friend payment- I sometimes get paid that way and I thank the buyer. It’s nice not to pay fees. If it’s a trusted seller I pay them fam/friend as well. It’s the buyers decision to do so if they feel comfortable.
I hate PayPal with a passion. Their anti-gun stance has really driven me away from them and the fact that they charge over 3% for a simple ACH transfer that costs them nothing is highway robbery. Many of the people I've met and interacted with on this forum have become friends so I pay them that way and I usually pay their asking price.

I think that the mods have been able to support PayPal dispute cases when a party was wronged but in the case of friends and family, there's nothing they can do.

I believe the words used were something along the lines of - "don't come crying to us if you paid with friends and family and you get screwed" - but I could be mistaken.

I like "net to me" way better. The buyer should have the right to choose how they want to pay given the circumstances. Different fees domestic and non domestic, should be the buyers responsibility to figure out how much the fee is given their location and make the decision either F&F or cover the fees for G&S.

As for the insurance which you think is a good thing...

I feel insurance makes your package a red flag, especially on high dollar items. It clearly shows on the label the high postage meaning it's a high declared value. Also has anyone ever tried making a claim with USPS? Good luck with that. You need an invoice for the item and still slim to no chance your claim will be fulfilled with USPS. I often would buy knives from knife shows and sell them, no invoice, so insurance is useless. If you insure 50 high dollar knives over the course of a few years and pay insurance on all of them, how much would that total out to? You're way better off paying out of pocket if say 1 out of 50 is lost or stolen.

I like "net to me" way better. The buyer should have the right to choose how they want to pay given the circumstances. Different fees domestic and non domestic, should be the buyers responsibility to figure out how much the fee is given their location and make the decision either F&F or cover the fees for G&S.

As for the insurance which you think is a good thing...

I feel insurance makes your package a red flag, especially on high dollar items. It clearly shows on the label the high postage meaning it's a high declared value. Also has anyone ever tried making a claim with USPS? Good luck with that. You need an invoice for the item and still slim to no chance your claim will be fulfilled with USPS. I often would buy knives from knife shows and sell them, no invoice, so insurance is useless. If you insure 50 high dollar knives over the course of a few years and pay insurance on all of them, how much would that total out to? You're way better off paying out of pocket if say 1 out of 50 is lost or stolen.
Not allowed to do “net to me” here. Too much math that can go wrong on the buyer’s part. List a price that includes all of the fees, and this will eliminate all of those problems.

You wouldn’t insure an $800 knife if you mailed it?

The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
  1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTALselling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.
What about people posting on multiple platforms? I've missed out on multiple offers where the item was on another platform?

Not allowed to do “net to me” here. Too much math that can go wrong on the buyer’s part. List a price that includes all of the fees, and this will eliminate all of those problems.

You wouldn’t insure an $800 knife if you mailed it?

I get it you're not allowed to post NET that's the rules. Not too much math, pretty simple.

I wouldn't insure a knife for 2k

The Exchange rules have been updated/modified to the following:

SECTION 2 - Rules/Procedures for Selling, Buying, Trading, & Offering Services:
The implementation of common sense is strongly encouraged beyond this point. This applies directly to the persons involved in the transactions.

Sellers/Selling -
  1. Be 100% sure that you want to sell the item, have it in your possession and clearly list the TOTALselling price.
    • There is no "testing the waters" or "gauge buyer interest".
    • "Net to me" needs to be figured into your LISTED PRICE
    • Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER not the Buyer. This is for your protection.
    • Paypal "friends & family" is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. This is for your protection.

In plain English, there will be no more "net to me" sales or add 3.5%, 4%, or 30% PayPal fees :rolleyes:... sellers need to do their own math and list a TOTAL selling price shipped.

Insurance is the responsibility of the SELLER, NOT THE BUYER.

If buyers use PayPal and pay with "friends & family" and you do not receive what you paid for, do not come crying to the Mod staff on Bladeforums... you're on your own.
Good day sir,

I am newer here and would like to post some items to sell, however I do not have privileges to create a post. Could you kindly advise on how I could proceed? Sorry if this was listed somewhere and thanks for your time and help.

JJ

Good day sir,

I am newer here and would like to post some items to sell, however I do not have privileges to create a post. Could you kindly advise on how I could proceed? Sorry if this was listed somewhere and thanks for your time and help.

JJ

Welcome to BladeForums G GrayDays .
Right now you have a free registered membership. In order to sell here on BladeForums you will need to purchase a Gold membership ($35yearly), which in addition to being able to sell, you will also be able to directly upload pictures to this site and have the ability to send and receive PM’s (Private Messages). Here is the link to get you to the subscription page. Good luck and again, welcome to BladeForums.

I’m not sure which link works best. The second link below appears to be newer and the Gold membership price is now $35/year, up from $30.

Edit for additional link from Sparks post.

Last edited:
Good day sir,

JJ
Welcome to BF’s :thumbsup:… read Retired UPS Driver Retired UPS Driver post please, it pretty well answers your questions regarding selling.

Welcome to BladeForums G GrayDays .
Right now you have a free registered membership. In order to sell here on BladeForums you will need to purchase a Gold membership ($35yearly), which in addition to being able to sell, you will also be able to directly upload pictures to this site and have the ability to send and receive PM’s (Private Messages). Here is the link to get you to the subscription page. Good luck and again, welcome to BladeForums.

I’m not sure which link works best. The second link below appears to be newer and the Gold membership price is now $35/year, up from $30.

Edit for additional link from Sparks post.
Appreciate the assist, thanks.

I just made my first for sale post and I read your rules before doing so. I hope I did it ok : )
Thank you kindly

Hi,
I’m trying to find what the rules are n bumping two wanted threads I have posted. I can’t find the rules on how many days between bumping the wanted threads.
Cheers
Kevin

Hi,
I’m trying to find what the rules are n bumping two wanted threads I have posted. I can’t find the rules on how many days between bumping the wanted threads.
Cheers
Kevin
The bumping rule is gone since the forum defaults to sorting by thread date not last post date

Thanks for the details Kreole, in that case I will not bump the threads if It doesn’t help to get views on them.
Cheers
Kevin

Thanks for the details Kreole, in that case I will not bump the threads if It doesn’t help to get views on them.
Cheers
Kevin

He is correct that you cannot "bump" threads to move them to the top.

However, you are allowed to repost them after two weeks. Just need to copy and paste into a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back