Vintage lobsters let's show'em

I've not seen a sterling silver Keen Kutter lobster. That one is really nice. Thanks for posting

Charles

Thanks Charles. You have an amazing collection of Orange Blossoms and lobsters!:thumbsup: The Joel Chamblin Orange Blossom is a work of art.

1957 Stan Shaw lobster.

stanshaw57-3.jpg

Another beautiful knife, Charles!:thumbsup: What is the second blade opening off the back.
(not the nail file). It appears round in cross section towards the tip?

Dan

Another beautiful knife, Charles!:thumbsup: What is the second blade opening off the back.
(not the nail file). It appears round in cross section towards the tip?

Dan

I have always understood they were reamers for cigars or pipes.

8DB4BBCD-33E2-40A7-8D80-0884398421AF.jpeg Here is a 14kt Victorinox on a 14kt chain. The Waterman L’etalon is Vermeil.

Here is my latest lobster. An Orange Blossom built by Jim Dunlap using the old Remington blade configuration. I have posted this one in the OB thread, but it also belongs here. I'm including a pic of the secondary blades from a mint Remington for comparison.
Charles
dunlaplobster1.jpg

dunlaplobster2.jpg

dunlaplobster5.jpg
lambremington1.jpg

lambremington3.jpg
I just wanted to bump this thread and chuko chuko - Charles the first 12 pages of your photos are no longer viewable ... so I'm just saying... I'm sure Im not the only one who would love to see them again. Anyway, I love this thread and the OB one. Thank you.

Here is one to get the thread restarted. A vintage Verincer or Verineer St Paul. France maybe is what dad and I came up with. Sterling silver bolsters, stick shield, tooth pick and end cap on the tweezers. Jeweled brass liners with birds eye pins and gorgeous MOP handles.

Attachments

• 0A0C31A5-1589-41B6-8390-E6E3767A95F3.jpeg
    0A0C31A5-1589-41B6-8390-E6E3767A95F3.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 15
I just wanted to bump this thread and chuko chuko - Charles the first 12 pages of your photos are no longer viewable ... so I'm just saying... I'm sure Im not the only one who would love to see them again. Anyway, I love this thread and the OB one. Thank you.
I am trying to get dads posts viewable again. It’s hard because I have to match the descriptions he gave to the knives and get new pictures of them. Yes I still have them all. Chuko Jr. AKA Erik

I am trying to get dads posts viewable again. It’s hard because I have to match the descriptions he gave to the knives and get new pictures of them. Yes I still have them all. Chuko Jr. AKA Erik
That is fantastic Erik! Thank you for the post and I'm sure glad you still have them all. :)

image.jpeg These lobsters were made in Maniago, Italy probably in the '50s. The clip point models are labeled Latama. The spear point is labeled CEM. Compared to Swiss Army knives, there is nothing special about the fit and finish. The reason I love these knives is the flush cutting, curved jaw cuticle nipper. No scissors can dispatch a hang nail or skin tag as efficiently as the nipper, and no other knives have this tool.
The largest Swiss Army Knife has 87 implements and 141 functions and costs $5000. But there is not a cuticle nipper in sight.
The jigged bone and mother of pearl knives are quite a bit thicker than the stainless steel model which has only a center "liner".
The cuticle pusher is not a particularly useful tool for me, but it would not be too difficult to turn it into a gouge.

Last edited:
Back