1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Vintage lobsters let's show'em

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by chuko, Feb 19, 2012.

1. chuko

chuko Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    I've not seen a sterling silver Keen Kutter lobster. That one is really nice. Thanks for posting

Charles

2. danno50

danno50 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanks Charles. You have an amazing collection of Orange Blossoms and lobsters!:thumbsup: The Joel Chamblin Orange Blossom is a work of art.

chuko likes this.
  3. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    1957 Stan Shaw lobster.

[​IMG]

tongueriver, A.L., Dschal and 6 others like this.
  4. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    Another beautiful knife, Charles!:thumbsup: What is the second blade opening off the back.
    (not the nail file). It appears round in cross section towards the tip?

Dan

Jak3 likes this.
  5. boykinlp

boykinlp Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    For someone who has no idea, what are all the blades uses? Thanks.

Jak3 likes this.
  6. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    I have always understood they were reamers for cigars or pipes.

7. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    thanks Charles.

8. oldmanrunning

oldmanrunning

Apr 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

Fodderwing likes this.
  9. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    I think there are two blades, scissors, nail file/cleaner and maybe a cigar pick...or boil lance :)

boykinlp likes this.
  10. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    8DB4BBCD-33E2-40A7-8D80-0884398421AF.jpeg Here is a 14kt Victorinox on a 14kt chain. The Waterman L’etalon is Vermeil.

A.L. likes this.
  11. tiguy7

Jun 25, 2008
    5D29C31C-256D-419D-9CA9-C10EB8DDFCC5.jpeg The design is vintage, but the knife is not.

Stelth and chuko like this.
  12. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I just wanted to bump this thread and @chuko - Charles the first 12 pages of your photos are no longer viewable ... so I'm just saying... I'm sure Im not the only one who would love to see them again. Anyway, I love this thread and the OB one. Thank you.

dc50 likes this.
  13. eisman

eisman Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 9, 2009
    [​IMG]

A.L., chuko, Gevonovich and 1 other person like this.
  14. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    I am bringing this thread back to life. All of the knives dad posted are still here. I would love to continue sharing his love of them with you all.

Chuko Jr. aka Erik

15. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    Here is one to get the thread restarted. A vintage Verincer or Verineer St Paul. France maybe is what dad and I came up with. Sterling silver bolsters, stick shield, tooth pick and end cap on the tweezers. Jeweled brass liners with birds eye pins and gorgeous MOP handles.

Attached Files:

veitsi_poika, A.L., danno50 and 4 others like this.
  16. chuko

Dec 22, 2007
    I am trying to get dads posts viewable again. It’s hard because I have to match the descriptions he gave to the knives and get new pictures of them. Yes I still have them all. Chuko Jr. AKA Erik

17. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    That is fantastic Erik! Thank you for the post and I'm sure glad you still have them all. :)

rockman0 likes this.
  18. danno50

Apr 15, 2008
    We would all love to see the photos of your Dad's beautiful knives again!:thumbsup: Thank you, it will be a lot of work.
    Here is a Keen Kutter dolphin lobster that I have not previously posted here.

RIMG2006.JPG RIMG2007.JPG

19. tiguy7

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg These lobsters were made in Maniago, Italy probably in the '50s. The clip point models are labeled Latama. The spear point is labeled CEM. Compared to Swiss Army knives, there is nothing special about the fit and finish. The reason I love these knives is the flush cutting, curved jaw cuticle nipper. No scissors can dispatch a hang nail or skin tag as efficiently as the nipper, and no other knives have this tool.
    The largest Swiss Army Knife has 87 implements and 141 functions and costs $5000. But there is not a cuticle nipper in sight.
    The jigged bone and mother of pearl knives are quite a bit thicker than the stainless steel model which has only a center "liner".
    The cuticle pusher is not a particularly useful tool for me, but it would not be too difficult to turn it into a gouge.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    veitsi_poika, A.L. and danno50 like this.
  20. Shurke

Shurke Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Is it the serpentine shape that makes it a "dolphin" lobster?