• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

W2 Tool Steel 2" Rd

Don, Anything left? I'd like a box sent to Michael Pikula if you have any left.
Thanks,
Mitch

I'm caught up on shipping orders at the momment. I'll be out of town and out of touch
from Tuseday the 4th until Wed the 12th. I would be abl to get a couple boxes out
Monday the 3rd if anyone wants.

Thanks,

Hi folks, I decided to add this info here and close the New W2 thread. Just too much info in this thread. Thanks!

Got a bunch of 2.5" W2 cut and ready to ship. This W2 is from the same melt as the stuff I've been using / selling.
Made in the USA.

Bar size is; 2.5" x 8" long, 11.5 lbs.

4 bars per box, 46 lbs, $165 shipped in the US, including HI & AK. ($160 per box)

40 boxes available. Sold out

Paypal address; info@sunfishforge.com

I can ship overseas and to Canada but 20 lb max and additional shipping charge, contact me for details.

25W2.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have more 2-1/8", that I thought was 2-1/4" :eek:

Bar size is; 2.125" x 10" long, 10 lbs.

4 bars per box, 40 lbs, $140 shipped in the US, including HI & AK.

22 boxes available. Sold out

2125W2.jpg

There's also a guy forging this stuff down for folks. He's a good guy and fast, everyone is happy. I send him the W2, he forges and sends to you. All you have to do is send money :)

Michael Pikula
1199 State Road 21
Friendship, WI 53934

VolundForge@hotmail.com

Here's his thread on Fogg's forum; http://forums.dfoggknives.com/index....pic=13436&st=0

Thanks,

Thanks guys,

Last edited:
I have enough 1-5/16" x 11" square W2 for 4 boxes, if there's any interest. (SOLD Thanks!)

6 bars (32+ lbs) $150 shipped.

Thanks folks!

Last edited:
Why does W2 almost always have a sweet hamon. almost all the blades made from W-2 Ive seen have a nice hamon, more than all other knife steels combined why is this?

Nebulae, W2 will produce a more active and striking hamon than any other steel. W1 and 1095 are close seconds but will not beat W2. So makers who want to get the best hamon will use W2. This was the reason I started using and sell W2 but have discovered that it is an outstanding performer and has become my favorite steel, by far! :)

I have enough 1-5/16" x 11" square W2 for 3 or 4 boxes, if there's any interest.

6 bars (32+ lbs) $150 shipped.

Thanks folks!

No one jumped on these yet?:eek:

Got any left Don?... I know my island is sinking with all the W2 I have but maybe just a few more won't hurt:D

Don, I will take a box of the 1-5/16, if you have any left. let me know and I will do pay-pal, thanks, Bill

Craig, Bill, I've only sold one, have 3 boxes of the smaller square stock left. I figured
they would have gone quicker.

All you have to do is send $ :D

Thanks,

Guys, I guess the 2.5" is too large for most. I'm looking into cutting some of the larger stuff down to make it easier to forge. But to be honest, I can't really tell much diff forging 2" versus 2.5, the way I do it, cutting 1" or so slices off the end of a bar. Anyway, I will most likely have some flat stock after cutting and have some really large stuff that I can cut 1/4" slabs off of.

I'm also Looking into having a W2 melt done but finding a mill to do it and the funds to
back it, is no easy task. I'll keep y'all informed.

And to those I'm holding 2-1/8" stock for (been holding some for a long time). are any
of you ready for a box or two? :)

Wow! Great news:thumbup:. 1/4" X 1.5" flat would work for me.

Troop, I'll be cutting most of the big stuff 1/4''

The new W2 (if it happen) will be mostly 1/4''x1.5'' flats.

Thanks!

Back