Warrior how is the recovery going?

Dr Pepper is way better than Pepsi.

Back when dining out was an option, if I asked for Dr Pepper and the server would say "We don't have that. Is Pepsi OK?" My response would be "I'll have water instead."

Have you Ever had Dr. Pepper at restaurants??? Wow.....
Next, you'll be asking for Tab.
Haha

I take vitamin pills. My wife cooks healthy meals. My biggest problem, is Pepsi and junk food. Even worse now that I'm not working, and home all day. I do drink lots of water as well, but Pepsi = no good.
I understand the pepsi
I have told my Doctors that some where around 19 I quit smoking pot cold turkey no problem.
Around 21 I quit taking speed which was my drug of choice cold turkey no problem. On May 15 of 2000 I quit Copenhagen after close to 30 years of use Cold turkey no problem
Pepsi kicks my butt
Prayers for you my friend and anyone else here in need of anything
Have a blessed and Merry Christmas everyone.

I smoked Marlboro for 18 years, and quit like I never smoked. I smoked weed when I wore a younger man's clothes myself. When I met my first wife, I quit, no problem. The doctor told me a few years back to ween myself off Pepsi. It's been a struggle. It's weird how my sister is diabetic, brother is too, and mother borderline. I drink Pepsi and eat sweets like they're gonna stop making them, and my blood sugar levels are normal. The doc told me if I keep it up, they won't be.

And thanks man, you have a Merry Christmas as well.

Have you Ever had Dr. Pepper at restaurants??? Wow.....
Next, you'll be asking for Tab.
Haha

Many Texas restaurants have Dr Pepper, especially in central Texas. Dr Pepper was invented in 1885 in Waco, just 50 miles up the road.

Tab - that stuff is NASTY. It'll take the paint right off your car finish.

Little Dr Pepper factoid - there is no "." in Dr Pepper.

I had no idea, how unfortunate. Take care Warrior. You where always one of the rational decent people on the forums. My best to you and yours this season, and for full recovery !
Thanks brother, good to see you back around again.

Well I tried bed but am sitting up alone watching the lights flicker ... fever is up to a lil over 101 now ... figure they are going to want me to get re-tested Saturday. I started a fire in the woodstove down here in the basement and puled the lazyboy closer to it ... get toasty warm and comfy. Sounds like the girls up stairs are in bed asleep already waiting on Santa to drop in. I hope they sleep well and dream of a beautiful Christmas morning. I think I will put on my respirator and make breakfast for them ... I won't be able to stay up there and eat with them but I can make it and take it up for them. Since I can't spend the day with them maybe I can at least do that much.

Merry Christmas I hope it bring joy and peace to each and every one of you. Becker up and we can whoop ole 2021's arse!

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon man.

I smoked Marlboro for 18 years, and quit like I never smoked. I smoked weed when I wore a younger man's clothes myself. When I met my first wife, I quit, no problem. The doctor told me a few years back to ween myself off Pepsi. It's been a struggle. It's weird how my sister is diabetic, brother is too, and mother borderline. I drink Pepsi and eat sweets like they're gonna stop making them, and my blood sugar levels are normal. The doc told me if I keep it up, they won't be.

And thanks man, you have a Merry Christmas as well.

I've heard that our bodies are natural wired to be addicted to sugars.
it was meant to be a good thing.
In the wild, sugars are rare, and time consuming. You can't easily get fat scavenging for berries....they are extremely nutritious too.
Even honey was special.....good luck fighting off All the bees.

So when you stumbled across them, it was advantageous to Gorge!!!

Now...... With advancements in our agriculture, and food processing, it's just too easy for us to eat. We become our own worst enemies.

I crave My sugars as carbs.....potatoes, chips, fries, breads, etc. :/

*as a tiny improvement, try looking for Pepsi made outside of the USA?
I believe in the Mexico, and South American market they use Real Sugar, instead of the high fructose crap we get.....it's a tiny bit healthier, and I think it even tastes better.....also then you get to drink out of a glass bottle instead of a plastic piece of landfill.......haha

Well I tried bed but am sitting up alone watching the lights flicker ... fever is up to a lil over 101 now ... figure they are going to want me to get re-tested Saturday. I started a fire in the woodstove down here in the basement and puled the lazyboy closer to it ... get toasty warm and comfy. Sounds like the girls up stairs are in bed asleep already waiting on Santa do drop in. I hope they sleep well and dream of a beautiful Christmas morning. I think I will put on my respirator and make breakfast for them ... I won't be able to stay up there and eat with them but I can make it and take it up for them. Since I can't spend the day with them maybe I can at least do that much.

Merry Christmas I hope it bring joy and peace to each and every one of you. Becker up and we can whoop ole 2021's arse!

best of luck getting through this - hopefully it's just a sinus infection or other quick seasonal bug.

Sorry to hear this, gents.

Wishing you the best and that we can all get beyond this sheite and 2021 looks better for us all and hope to get back closer to normality then.

Thanks guys. I got a call from the doctors office a few weeks ago, and they said they would call the next Friday, not thinking it was Christmas. I was hoping for a call from them today, but got none. The hospital nurse did call me today however, and she said she thinks I still need to remain home for awhile. Hoping the doc calls soon to see what he thinks.

Oh man, sorry to hear you are sick. Thoughts and prayers to you Warrior and whoever else needs it. I haven't been around in a long time but I will always be a Beckerhead and willing to help my fellow heads. If there is anything I can do to help any of you please let me know.

Thanks man. Good to see you back around.

Back