Watches and Hinderers

Matt....yup....that is a beautiful watch.....and I love the band....the perforations are cool....but the red stitching is just awesome....
Is that the band you mentioned before?
The last watch I bought had two models....one with a plain band and one with the red stitching....guess which one I chose?

Yep, my wife and I were on our honeymoon in Paris, and I had just picked up the Monaco (a friend in DC picked it up for me and delivered it when he came to the wedding in NC). Anyway, I had the watch with me in Paris, and when we went to the Goyard store to pick up my wife's new bag, I stopped by ABP (http://www.abp-paris.com/). They happened to have a custom blue croc with red stitching 22mm strap that they made for the Monaco in stock...that never happens. It was 150 euro, but a whole lot cheaper than the 350 euro they normally charge for it!

This thread and conversation are going to push me back into the hobby. Wish there were a few more hours in each day, as is I don't sleep much. Nice timepieces, guys.

Michael......thank you.....I hope it does.......I think it is a worthwhile endeavor.....a good watch will last generations....

Neat watch....it syncs up (somehow) with the atomic clock in Boulder, Colorado once a day to ensure perfect time.....

Nice timepiece brother! Citizen makes some fine watches. Here's one my grandmother brought back for me from Japan while visiting her family. It doesn't sync time with anywhere as far as I know, but it does hold a lot of sentimental value to me!

That's very cool Kevin! It's neat to have items that you own that share a sentiment towards others to carry on.... :thumbup:

Nice timepiece brother! Citizen makes some fine watches. Here's one my grandmother brought back for me from Japan while visiting her family. It doesn't sync time with anywhere as far as I know, but it does hold a lot of sentimental value to me!

Kevin....hands down, the best watches are the ones that have personal meaning and sentimental importance.
Some things can be replaced.....others are irreplaceable.....
That is a beautiful watch....the Eco-Drives are awesome !!!

Did you ever replace the glass on your other watch?

Thanks for the compliment fellas. No not yet, I need to though. I also have another Bulova watch that has a broken link peg or whatever it's called, close to the actual face that somehow snapped in my pocket when I took it off for a minute. It's one of the ones you're not supposed to take out, so I'm not sure how to get that one fixed.

I also have another watch I wear to work daily that has suddenly stopped keeping the date correct. It just stays on whatever day number you set it to! Any ideas on how to fix some of my problems without spending much money?

Thanks for the compliment fellas. No not yet, I need to though. I also have another Bulova watch that has a broken link peg or whatever it's called, close to the actual face that somehow snapped in my pocket when I took it off for a minute. It's one of the ones you're not supposed to take out, so I'm not sure how to get that one fixed.

I also have another watch I wear to work daily that has suddenly stopped keeping the date correct. It just stays on whatever day number you set it to! Any ideas on how to fix some of my problems without spending much money?

It's issues with things (like / similar to what you described) that push me into "better" gear. Failures in my items and systems pushed me into the items I own and continue to purchase.

Sorry, I'm no help to your question and a bit off topic. Just adding that once something fails me, I consider other options.

Chris...Love the black Eklipse and Black timepiece. They go well together! Very cool brother.

Chris that is a great pic!! Love the Eklipse posed with your Rolex. Bravo on you score brother!!

I know everyone is tired of seeing my rolo but it gives me an excuse to post hinderer pics! WF ano CF small Hinderer!

watch1.jpgwatch2.jpg

I really wish I had a better camera, iPad camera is terrible

igq729T.jpg

Back