Watches and Hinderers

get-attachment66_zpsb6a56fd3.jpg

Brian......that watch is beautiful......a really gorgeous timepiece.......congratulations !!!!!

Thanks guys, but unfortunately it's a dud. Wound it and wore it watching the kids today and going to the park and it wouldn't go for longer than 30 minutes before it died. Now I can't even hand wind it to get it going. When I hear back from Steinhart it's on it's way back to Germany for fixin'. Kinda a bummer but hopefully it comes back better than new.

I hear the the rotor turn when I shake it and it feels to be fully wound but something is either lost lubrication or the main spring is bunched up or something is keeping it from unwinding.

Brian.......really sorry to hear that.......it is a beautiful watch........hopefully they can rectify the situation for you quickly........

I'm not familiar with that timepiece. But is says "automatic" on the face...is it not self-winding?

I'm not familiar with that timepiece. But is says "automatic" on the face...is it not self-winding?

It is but the rotor, which I can hear move, is not winding it. It actually feels and sounds like it is fully wound as I can hear the 'clutch clicking' but for one reason or another it won't go longer than 30 minutes. The reason I wound it when I got it was because it had stopped running in transit. It has ETA 2824-2 movement that can be hand wound as well. I'd rather just go have it serviced somewhere but since I just got it I'd rather have the warranty take care of it.

Back