WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

I pre-ordered the 719B CF and am really excited to see what all the fuss is about WE. This will be my first knife featuring CF. I typically prefer raw titanium but didn’t care for the coloring on the 719A model. Stonewashed or raw machined titanium would have looked quite nice IMO.

I'm a little curious why there are still knives coming out in January that have the 7xx moniker. I thought 6xx (i.e. 604) was to designate that it was made in 2016, and 7xx (i.e. 719) was for 2017. Am I wrong on this? Or did they just pump out a bunch of designs in December that are finally starting to reach retailers now? For clarification, the 716 (yet to be released), 717, 718 (yet to be released) and 719 have all come or been teased over the past few weeks.

WHOA!!
28101968989_91496c92ff_k.jpg

25011337257_d6e211056e_o.jpg

It kinda feels like Zipp Tolerance just got McFly'd.

DYe35.gif

The Zeta is pretty nice. Elijah seems like he's out there in the artist realm.

I couldn't resist the Eschaton and put my order in today. Told the wife I'll sell off some of my less used knives

Really digging the Isham designs (Megatherium, Zeta, Eschaton)

WHOA!!
28101968989_91496c92ff_k.jpg

25011337257_d6e211056e_o.jpg

It kinda feels like Zipp Tolerance just got McFly'd.

DYe35.gif
Haha agreed, beat em at there own game.
Hopefully ZT steps there game up for 2019 cause a "see through pivot" isn't a game changer.
But idk I haven't held both knives to see for myself which one is higher quality ( fit and finish, etc)

Are these people on acid when they design this junk?

Maybe they figure with the thousands of production knives out there that it's OK to make a few that are more artistic than practical.
Obviously this isn't meant to appeal to the masses.

The Zeta is pretty nice. Elijah seems like he's out there in the artist realm.

He's out there alright. Out of the couple of interviews I've seen him in, I'm fairly certain he's on drugs, or his brain was fried by them.

Regardless, his designs are second to none, love them or hate them (I'm a fan for the most part). I thought brous was supposed to be the industry standard for oddball designs.

Elijah appears focused on or trained in fine art appreciation, and is an intelligent guy. Would be surprised if WE and Kizer and Borus were all collaborating with him while his brain was fried. Who knows, I'd like to meet him. Based on the interviews I've seen and his vocabulary, his persona is very similar to a few highly creative people I know.

Back