WE Knives? Another high end Chinese company?

I wish there was a company I could get my knives tested at. I'm always a little worried the steel I paid for us not what as advertised from makers.

I've been waiting for months for the Balaenoptera to come out, just ordered one

EricV EricV shoot me a PM if you run across an aftermarket clip for the Falcon. I'll do the same for you.

I've heard a few rumors, but little more than that.

I am one of those guys. The ones that said "I'm just gonna buy USA made knives". Then I found out about Lionsteel, Viper and Fox. Ok fine, I'll only buy USA or Italy made knives. Then I found out all the Spyderco knives I liked were made in Taiwan. Damnit, fine... USA, Italy or Taiwan made.

At this point, my sense of patriotism was giving me this look...
934fcc00-0829-4433-a5b3-de9829394fca.gif

Then I found out that the Boos Smoke TS1, I'd just pre-ordered was made by WE knives in China and while I was looking up WE knives some Tubers were raving about the WE702 integral. Well, I've lost all moral grounds, with my Italian and Taiwanese made knives so. I guess, "China is here, Mr. Burton."

24300402698_ffc642372b_z.jpg

38152229631_0dce2d4c1d_b.jpg

EricV EricV shoot me a PM if you run across an aftermarket clip for the Falcon. I'll do the same for you.

I've heard a few rumors, but little more than that.

I am most likely going to make one out of a blank. I've got an unfinished blank that was originally supposed to get made for a ZT0808 laying around. I haven't checked but it looks like the holes a spaced a bit farther apart on the Falcon, but thats easily fixed. Its on the list of projects I'll eventually get to.

I wish there was a company I could get my knives tested at. I'm always a little worried the steel I paid for us not what as advertised from makers.
If you are not able to determine if you have cheap or expensive steel by yourself then it doesn't matter what steel you have! :D

If you are not able to determine if you have cheap or expensive steel by yourself then it doesn't matter what steel you have! :D
IDK, If one searches the GBU archives they’ll see that sometimes manufacturers have difficulty with it too. ;)

I thought WE was getting their own subforum. :(
Anyone seen the upcoming WE 715 Ignition? It's on Instagram. It looks to bridge the gap between their high-end ti flippers and their budget liner locks in D2.
The 715 uses VG-10 and a ti lock bar with G-10 front scale. Looks to have good cutting ability with a hollow grind. I think I see a slight recurve to the blade which I don't like. Thin, pointy blade and narrow handle. Light weight. Should make a great EDC.

Last edited:
Have a 603 and a 703. Both nice knives.
Just got a 704 on sale and with a reward certificate from Knifecenter. First disappointment from WE. Light detent and lock rock. Sent it back.

I've got a Crux coming in today. My Falcon has been fantastic since the detent is strong enough that I don't worry about pocket carry. Hopefully the Crux is just as well done, one of these is going to turn into a mod project.

EricV EricV I got a Pop’s deep carry clip for my Crux (unsurprisingly it’s the same one sold for the Falcon). I really like it. It helps the ergos quite a bit too. If you ever get around to making one, please let us know how it goes.

EricV EricV I got a Pop’s deep carry clip for my Crux (unsurprisingly it’s the same one sold for the Falcon). I really like it. It helps the ergos quite a bit too. If you ever get around to making one, please let us know how it goes.
Oh cool, I’ll have to check them out!

I redrilled a ZT blank that works, unfortunately it’s deep carry which is something I don’t like much. I did bend a steel blank but I didn’t have the right screws on hand and now that I’m carrying clipless that project is very back burner. Can’t remember if I posted a picture here.

Attachments

• 171C01F7-C1B4-47CF-920C-301B170A9ACB.jpeg
    171C01F7-C1B4-47CF-920C-301B170A9ACB.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 072F31C7-E1E4-42B3-9D81-067695BB9DAC.jpeg
    072F31C7-E1E4-42B3-9D81-067695BB9DAC.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Mo2
BladeHQ is taking pre-orders on the WE Isham Eschaton 719B "sub-integral" flipper with M390 & TI/CF for $348.50. Super light at just 3 ounces with a 3.85" blade. Limited edition run of just 700 knives.

WE-Knife-Co-Isham-Eschaton-CF-Ti-SW-719B-BHQ-79577-jr-spine-large.jpg

WE-Knife-Co-Isham-Eschaton-CF-Ti-SW-719B-BHQ-79577-jr-large.jpg

WE-Knife-Co-Isham-Eschaton-CF-Ti-SW-719B-BHQ-79577-jr-side-large.jpg

Back