We were all new here once

Hello, dear people, knife nation!!
:)

Matija here!

I tracking this knife forum few years ago, but now I decide join with You dear people.
Here, I can learn so about knives and all about them.

I young man(almost 35 years--;)) from Zagreb(the Balkans Peninsula). I like hardwork, local soccer club(Dinamo Zagreb), knives, women, computers, programming, books, outdoors acitivites, sports...

My first entry into the world of knives was with the Cold Steel AK 47...The rest is history...
Now I have few CS knives, some SAK, two Spydercos, two ZT, one Chris Revee, two traditions knives....I'm not collector. I buy knife if I like it. I can't say it simpler than that.
Some of my favorite knives are: CS Mini Lawman(old& new version), Case CV Canoe, SAK Small Tinker, Chris Reeve Small Sebenza 21 and ZT 0562CF....

I always looking for perfect blade and my research will never stop. It's my passion, antistress valve...

:cool:

Enjoy!:thumbsup:

Howdy All;

Brand new to the forum. Been a fan of sharp pointy things since I was very young (back in the early 1950's).
Was looking through some earlier posts and was looking for some history on a knife that is new to me. Had one
very similar back in the early 1970's and was just looking for some sort of keys to find it's approx. age.

Thanks for having me as a member of the forum.

hank

Hey, guys!
Been lurking here for quite a while, figured I'd better join up. I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and craftsmanship here, and look forward to learning from, and hopefully contributing to, this community.

Dave

Hello there!

Joined the other day because I have a few questions Im sure you guys will be able to help with! My interest in pocket knives came about when I was a Boy Scout and grew from there. I find Im mostly interested in traditional folders and some fixed blades. If I find myself being active here Ill probably get a membership, but we'll see! Nonetheless Im glad to be here for the time being!

Hi

Just a casual lurker here that wanted to say hello while listening to music and browsing the picture threads. Thanks for the content, rock on and take it easy.:cool:

Josh

Hi All,

Relative newbie here with no wisdom to offer for the time being. Bought a few knives/custom sheaths from DiezKnives, Duckchildress and Eric J.S. and amazed at the skilled knife builders on here. Hope to learn enough to participate in discussions some day.

"or complaining about a thread that's been done to death.'
Hear, hear. As an old IT tech (no longer, thankfully) who started before the Internet was a thing, I have always been bothered by this. Back then we would have died to have access to bulletin boards with anything like the info that is on certain modern forums. Even in IT, old is not necessarily bad. With blacksmith work, old info is very rarely bad -- probably the same with much of knife-making, I presume. When something changes, fear not -- someone will let you know :) . Being able to archive info forever (and update it, duh) is one of the most useful characteristics of the WWW.

The annoyance with bumping a "zombie thread" originated in IT because of the speed with which things change, but is still rarely justified in my opinion.

Sorry - copied pasted too rapidly. Meant to be a response to Insipid Monkey waaay above.

I totally agree with you, new people have question and they are looking for answers, that is why they join in hope that some pro will guide or answer their question.

i'm new here for the most part, though I think this account might be really old. I really picked up the hobby in general again about a year ago, and as always, it's been a wild ride. i'm here to ask questions, shoot the breeze, and pick up some sweet lefties

All new at everything at some point , Just trying to enjoy the ride , appreciate the view and make everything else inbetween either enjoyable or a good story to tell .

I was seriously thinking about buying a Gold or Platinum membership but after the way I have been treated by some "higher up" members I am seriously considering just going to a different forum. I am not an amateur knife collector. I just attended BLADE 2018 and have several "custom or higher dollar knives" in my collection. Which shouldn't matter for anything on here. I was wanting to help people who had questions about starting to collect and I had many questions about various knives, and/or, makers or brands. But if all I'm going to get is insults and blocked from responding to them I will definitely spend my time and money elsewhere. I had heard this was a good forum for collectors and anyone, regardless of how much money they have to spend on a knife, that wanted to know more about anything related to knives. I'm starting to think "this was a good knife forum" statement was very wrong. I tried to give some advice, but I was told the thread was too old and move on even after I had responses to my post. I was just trying to give someone a little advice on buying a high end fixed blade. I know if I was new to this I would definitely like the input of people who have owned knives in the $400 to $1000 range. Then I also tried to give some advice about Emerson folders, which I own and have owned many over the years, that I was just a "Fanboy"!! This is unacceptable for a forum that is supposed to be held in such high regard. Someone had asked about Emerson knives, and since I have had experience with them for over 20 years I decided to try and help them. But I was blasted and called an Emerson "Fanboy" by some "higher ranking" member! So if all I have to do is pay money to be a "higher ranking" member then I don't want that "priveledge". I thought knowledge about knives and products would determine status on here. I know there are probably a million people with more knowledge than me, and I would always appreciate their comments and input, I will not let some so called "expert" because they have paid to have a Gold or Platinum status tell me what to do. Especially tell me to basically take a hike, then not have the balls to even let me respond to them. Fix this problem, then I will "pay" for a membership!

I was seriously thinking about buying a Gold or Platinum membership but after the way I have been treated by some "higher up" members I am seriously considering just going to a different forum. I am not an amateur knife collector. I just attended BLADE 2018 and have several "custom or higher dollar knives" in my collection. Which shouldn't matter for anything on here. I was wanting to help people who had questions about starting to collect and I had many questions about various knives, and/or, makers or brands. But if all I'm going to get is insults and blocked from responding to them I will definitely spend my time and money elsewhere. I had heard this was a good forum for collectors and anyone, regardless of how much money they have to spend on a knife, that wanted to know more about anything related to knives. I'm starting to think "this was a good knife forum" statement was very wrong. I tried to give some advice, but I was told the thread was too old and move on even after I had responses to my post. I was just trying to give someone a little advice on buying a high end fixed blade. I know if I was new to this I would definitely like the input of people who have owned knives in the $400 to $1000 range. Then I also tried to give some advice about Emerson folders, which I own and have owned many over the years, that I was just a "Fanboy"!! This is unacceptable for a forum that is supposed to be held in such high regard. Someone had asked about Emerson knives, and since I have had experience with them for over 20 years I decided to try and help them. But I was blasted and called an Emerson "Fanboy" by some "higher ranking" member! So if all I have to do is pay money to be a "higher ranking" member then I don't want that "priveledge". I thought knowledge about knives and products would determine status on here. I know there are probably a million people with more knowledge than me, and I would always appreciate their comments and input, I will not let some so called "expert" because they have paid to have a Gold or Platinum status tell me what to do. Especially tell me to basically take a hike, then not have the balls to even let me respond to them. Fix this problem, then I will "pay" for a membership!
Straight forward advice here: Get to know the place, read the rules, say hi, send a few likes....you know...try not to melt down and go postal. There are plenty of nice, helpful people here.

All new at everything at some point , Just trying to enjoy the ride , appreciate the view and make everything else inbetween either enjoyable or a good story to tell .
Straight forward advice here: Get to know the place, read the rules, say hi, send a few likes....you know...try not to melt down and go postal. There are plenty of nice, helpful people here.
I have been a member here for quite awhile. I have talked to several good people, sent out many likes. I know there are many good and helpful people here. But what makes these people with Gold and Platinum statuses just be able to shoot down what you say and then block you from commenting back. At least give me the opportunity to say something back in my defense. Just because they pay $50 or $100 bucks a year, whatever they pay, I really don't care, doesn't give them the right from blocking a person to comment on a thread. Let alone not giving them the chance to reply back. That's just straight up being a coward. And if this place only caters to the "higher class" members then I don't want to belong anyway.

I have been a member here for quite awhile. I have talked to several good people, sent out many likes. I know there are many good and helpful people here. But what makes these people with Gold and Platinum statuses just be able to shoot down what you say and then block you from commenting back. At least give me the opportunity to say something back in my defense. Just because they pay $50 or $100 bucks a year, whatever they pay, I really don't care, doesn't give them the right from blocking a person to comment on a thread. Let alone not giving them the chance to reply back. That's just straight up being a coward. And if this place only caters to the "higher class" members then I don't want to belong anyway.

Welcome to the site.

Just so you're aware, the member you're referring to didn't (and couldn't) block you from commenting. A moderator closed the thread from further replies from everyone due to it's age.

Back