We were all new here once

Welcome to the forum! Now all you need are some Carothers Performance Knives.👍
Dad bob yer ornery hyde! Look what you made me do!
VlnQMmS.jpg

Now you definitely need a DEK1! Also, many people preordered multiples of the UF2 so sometime next year you should be able to land one. Or you can go here and ask if anyone has a CPK knife that you want that they would be willing to part with.

Hey Paul! Welcome! I am pretty new here myself. Just wait. When you go thru the many threads on here with pics, you'll find some pretty epic knives and scenery. My advice is to grab a favorite beverage, ignore the clock and marvel at what you're going to see!

Hey Paul! Welcome! I am pretty new here myself. Just wait. When you go thru the many threads on here with pics, you'll find some pretty epic knives and scenery. My advice is to grab a favorite beverage, ignore the clock and marvel at what you're going to see!
Thanks for welcome and advice, mate :) From what I've already seen here I'm counting on Kubrick-ish "my God,it's full of knives" kind of feeling soon ;)

Long time collector, but new to the board. I'm partial to ZT's, Hinderer's, Shiro's, and Koenig's, but I appreciate other brands also.

I am new here and in 12 seconds was labeled a flipper. Had no idea how opinionated most of the members of this forum are about pricing. Maybe it’s my age, maybe it’s my life experience; I have always just kept on moving if I saw something somewhere that someone was asking too much for. We do this with cars everywhere; if they ask too much I don’t throw a tantrum until I get my way. I don’t threaten them with canceling them on all knife forums and social media if I don’t like the ask. Hell, I have always posted high numbers just so I can negotiate down to what people are comfortable with. In this forum if you post the wrong ask you will be targeted and silently boycotted by the members. As long as you know that moving forward you will be better off.

Hello, looking forward to learning about the knifes in my fathers collection, He just recently passed suddenly and unexpectedly. I found 2 Knives in his collection that have really caught my attention

I don't mean to be preachy, but those of us who have been here awhile know that sometimes newbies don't always receive much in the way of patience and understanding. Sometimes it's easy to jump on those who are new to knives, know less than we do, or simply have different tastes in knives. Sometimes criticism comes a little too easy on internet forums.

Remember that we were all new to knives once, we didn't know anything. And if we were lucky someone with a generous amount of patience and understanding was willing to take the time to teach us, even if it meant pushing their patience and understanding to the limit.

How many of us can say that every knife purchase we made was a smart one. How many of us at some point have bought a knife simply because we thought it was "cool", or "tactical", etc. How many of us have bought knives from questionable companies with silly marketing. I doubt that any here are perfect.

In my humble opinion, this forum should be about more than personal entertainment, it should also be a place to provide guidance to those who are new to this "hobby", even if that means exerting a bit more patience and understanding. After all, how would we want to be treated if we were new here? In the end, we can teach newbies a lot more with patience and understanding than with insults and criticism.

Of course, if you've been here a while then you better have thick skin, because you're fair game ;).

Just my thoughts.

UPDATE: It's been over 8 years since I started this thread, and I thought it was time for an update.

When I started this thread back in 2012, new members were sometimes treated a bit rough. But things have changed since then. These days most active members are eager to help new members. So I don't want you to get the impression that you're entering a lions den where the members are just waiting to bite your head off. I think you'll find the vast majority of members to be friendly and helpful. So welcome, and enjoy :).
Well said & much appreciated! I've been lurking off & on for a few years now before joining & have learned a lot from the site. Thanks to all.

And thank you for not being a spambot!

... you're not a spambot... right? ;)

Suspicious.jpg

DAvid Mary: LOL nope, not a spambot! Allergic to spam (electronic kind).
Love that picture. Is that your little one or other family member?

Back