We were all new here once

A few new members in as many days! Welcome to Bladeforums, the best knife forum on the net. Looking forward to getting to know y’all.
I have a question. If I purchase a gold membership do I have to post a certain amount before Im allowed to post in the sales forums?

I have a question. If I purchase a gold membership do I have to post a certain amount before Im allowed to post in the sales forums?

I do not believe so. Once you are gold, you can post in the exchange “for sale” section.
Unless you are a business. Then you need a craftsman or manufacturer membership level.
Hope that helps.
Boru13 Boru13

No wait time and here's a couple of different links to the Exchange/Site rules that explains everything.

No wait time and here's a couple of different links to the Exchange/Site rules that explains everything.
Thank you. I only ask because some other forms I've joined they make you post I think like 25 posts before you could post in the exchanges

Hello all, glad to find this group and I look forward to learning a lot.

I'm an amateur "metalworker" - welding yard art, learning blacksmithing, and now try and see if I can make some functional fixed blade knives.

20210613-120225.jpg

At 55 years old, I finally have a space I can call "my shop". Just finished building a 2" x 48" belt grinder using an old bench buffer.
20211222-145934-01.jpg

Picked up a bucket of old files from Craigslist and have lots of practice materials!
20211218-152113-01.jpg

Feel like I have adequate tools, need to develop some skills.

I'm an amateur "metalworker" - welding yard art, learning blacksmithing, and now try and see if I can make some functional fixed blade knives.

20210613-120225.jpg

At 55 years old, I finally have a space I can call "my shop". Just finished building a 2" x 48" belt grinder using an old bench buffer.
20211222-145934-01.jpg

Picked up a bucket of old files from Craigslist and have lots of practice materials!
20211218-152113-01.jpg

Welcome timo Bladeforums!!! That looks like a bucket ‘o fun!!!

20210613-120225.jpg

20211222-145934-01.jpg

20211218-152113-01.jpg

Welcome! I can't wait to see you post some of your creations

Glad you guys are mostly pretty nice. After years of scanning this forum I, of course, screwed up on my first post. Completely missed the "what is my knife worth" sticky. Don't know how I missed it.

Glad you guys are mostly pretty nice. After years of scanning this forum I, of course, screwed up on my first post. Completely missed the "what is my knife worth" sticky. Don't know how I missed it.

It happens. :)

How do you post a picture I may just be being dumb but when I click the picture thing it asks for a link and I don't know what to do
Welcome. You need to use a photo hosting site like Imgur.com (that's what I use).

Open an Imgur account, load pics from your computer into your Imgur account choosing the size you want for the pic, then include the pictures Imgur BBCode in your post to get the picture to show.

It might sound complicated, but if a techno-challenged person like me can do it (after a bit of trial and error), anyone can.

Last edited:
Welcome. You need to use a photo hosting site like Imgur.com (that's what I use).

Open an Imgur account, load pics from your computer into your Imgur account choosing the size you want for the pic, then include the pictures Imgur BBCode in your post to get the picture to show.

It might sound complicated, but if a techno-challenged person like me can do it, anyone can.
Thank you I also am terrible with electronics but I'll figure it out

Boy, you guys sure are a lot better and nicer than Reddit knife forums. I always preferred the old-school forums and things, even as a 25 year old! Hi all, I'm a relatively new knife enthusiast, picking up the hobby about a year ago when learning of the Fairbairn-Sykes dagger, buying a terrible Paki repro of that, and the Ontario SP-1 being the knife I got right after that really got me into the hobby! I am more into the utility side of knives now but love all bladed tools.

I'm into the old and the new, I collect AND use from old to new, Mercator, Opinel, Douk-Douk, Higonokami, RAT series, Mora, slipjoints, especially unusual ones like my Cotton Sampler, Spyderco, Cold Steel, Opinel and Ontario are my favorite brands/types of knives. I like big folders, I like Navajas, I like classics, I like utility. I want to own a Navaja one day. Also want to work on knives myself, on sharpening, on re-profiling. Just got a strop, and planning on a stone! Only got a sad lil opinel pocket stone and a 1100 grit pocket stone that I don't know if it is a hone or a sharpening impliment, as in, does it take metal off the blade proper? Eugh. Still learning, lot to learn. Grinds and different edges took me forever to figure out, ha.

Here to learn more, develop skills, get info, show off my stuff, and talk to fellow knifeheads! Love playing music, too, mandolin, guitar, bass, from death metal and black metal to old-school delta blues and NY jazz, punk rock to classic rock, Memphis hardcore rap to G-funk. Also a burgeoning arms enthusiast. Nice to meet all of you!!!

Hi Everyone,

Alex from Belgium here, new to this forum. Knife enthousiast, although I don't own many items (Chris Kneeve Mnandi, Sacha Thiel Harfang, Perceval L10 and a few others, of which some vintage stuff).

Here mostly to gather some knowledge :)

Cheers

Hello All,

First post here -- been lurking for a bit and finally registered. Been dabbling in folding knives for a couple of years and have acquired about 15 to date from:

ZT
Spyderco
Pro-Tech
Benchmade
Kershaw
CRKT
Boker
Civivi
OerLa :)

Thanks in advance for all the great info! I'll certainly chime in when I have something useful to add.

Lee

Back