• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Weighted keychain: monkey's-fist with steel ball bearing

if you can get the green, its going to be a gift for an ex-marine who has an olive drab fascination. if not, one black 6 inch, one grey 4 inch, one black 4 inch.

if its no trouble, if it delays the order you dont have to bother with changing it.

either way, you can let me know, ill be happy with whatever you have.

thx.

GrumpyGumby,
Magnets! There's an unusual request. Sent you an email back, we'll figure something out to make it happen. Cool idea!

Mike - put me down for two in black.
Thanks!
p.s. ever seen those metal loops you can wrap the cord around? (wish I knew the proper name).
Anyway, that would look cool on this one. :thumbup:

Dan,
I gotcha down for two in black. We're looking at first week of January for delivery now.

I gotta admit, I don't have the SLIGHTEST idea what kind of metal loops you're talking about. :) Got a picture?

Mike

finally found a picture...man...I was losing hope there for a moment!

anyway, it's the piece to the farthest left in this photo:

6mm-end-loop.jpg

I agree that it would not be comfy for putting it on your finger...but for those of us that want to clip it to gear or a BOB...might desire something more durable. They're in the rope section at Lowe's/Home Depot...

Whatcha think?

Wifey wants to know can you do some with a ball on both ends with eight inchs of cord in the mid??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(down boys,,down)

Ether way i need four reg (black )

Alright, let me get caught up here:
Morimotom, green you want, green it will be. No worries, I'll make it happen.
Black 4", green 4", green 6". Will do.

Dan, of course, now that I can see a pitcure, I know exactly what those are- seen 'em a million times. But heck if I know what they're called, either:D
Anyhow, I can add those in, definitely. It'll add just $1 ea.; do you want them on yours?

Gunslinger686, I've got you down for four blacks.
Re: a double-ended one... I think I can do that. It will take some experimentation and testing, but I'm pretty sure I can make that work. For right now, you can count on your four blacks, definitely. A Two-Fisted Monkey, I don't want to promise then disappoint, so we'll say the R&D Dept has it right now and that's all we can say :)
I'm happy to talk about delivery details now if you'd like (email mscantrell at gmail.com), otherwise, I'll just send you an email when I've got yours ready.

SecretAgentMan007, replied to email:).

:thumbup:
Mike
mscantrell at gmail.com

ever lost the bearing? if you were to really swing that thing and beat the heck out of a sandbag... would the bearing work out?

FYI... the little metal loops are called thimbles. I use them on my leaders for offshore fishing... adds strength, and prevents chafing.

MSCantrell

That is a nice weighted keychain that you made there:thumbup:! Have you used the paracord as is or, is it gutted? BTW, do you combine shipping on more than one going to the same address?

Ironballs Honestly, I haven't ever beaten anything with one of these for any significant length of time, so I can't answer from experience. On the other hand, the monkey's fist is a knot invented by sailors for basically the same purpose we're using it here- they'd tie it around a round shot, and then they'd use that shot to throw light ropes from ship to ship. Then the light ropes were used to pull heavy ropes (cause you can't throw a heavy rope). As far as I've ever seen, the knot just gets tighter with time, so I'd feel pretty confident wailing on a sandbag with it.

Maybe I'll do a More Proof video one of these days :D

Dan, thimbles in both, you got it.

G_Moutafis Paracord is used with guts intact :), and yes, I'll definitely combine shipping (within reason- if you want 25 of 'em, they're not all gonna fit into one Priority Mail box... we'd have to talk about that ;))

Mike

cool....just to clarify...the ones I'm thinking of aren't for fishing but are for wire rope (large enough to fit your index finger in it).

Email or PM me when you get around to it.

Thanks!

What is everyone going to use these for? Looks nice and for $15 I feel like getting myself one and a couple for friends. Could be a good keychain and useful for when someone parks to close.

Hey Dan,
Well, here's what I came up with. I'm kinda surprised- the metal is rounded and smooth enough that it's really pretty comfy on the finger. PM'd ya, too :)
Monkeyfist-Briggzwiththimble002.jpg

Monkeyfist-Briggzwiththimble001.jpg

Monkeyfist-Briggzwiththimble003.jpg

Monkeyfist-Briggzwiththimble004.jpg

WatchingF1, just drop me a line at mscantrell at gmail.com when you want to pull the trigger on these :)

Briggz This is yours, going out tomorrow.

:thumbup: Mike
mscantrell at gmail.com

msc, i like that metal loop at the bottom! turned out real nice. can i update my order to add these?

and thx a bunch for ordering the green paracord. i know one ex-marine who is going to be very happy!

mark

G_Moutafis[/b] Paracord is used with guts intact :), and yes, I'll definitely combine shipping (within reason- if you want 25 of 'em they're not all gonna fit into one Priority Mail box, we'd have to talk about that ;))

Mike

Mike

Thank you for your reply. E-mail sent for one black and two in OD all with thimble and 6" sinnet.

Kind regards,
George

Back