What’s next after the 23

Thinking mathematically, how about a "perfect square" pattern?
Date in parentheses is year of most recent release (I could be wrong on some of these).
3x3 = 09: Peanut-sized Esquire pen knife (2014)
4x4 = 16: Canoe (2012)
5x5 = 25: Small jack or barlow (2017)
6x6 = 36: Massive sunfish (2012)
7x7 = 49: New Pattern - probably sowbelly stockman ;)
8x8 = 64: Long and lean lockback Babylon Hill Special (no swing guard, please) (2013)
9x9 = 81: 4" muskrat or stock knife (2013)

- GT

26’s have my vote for the next pattern.
CG5M1cG.jpg

I do love single spring two blade knives.

The 79 Workhorse would be nice too. If GEC does run the workhorse again, I’d like to see it with a shield that says “Rocinante.”
79’s would be a wonderful choice.

I had to look it up, but yes, that would be an appropriate shield. Maybe even an actual old workhorse shield. Maybe a shield with Don Quixote sitting on his Rocinante.
702FADCF-B796-4EDE-B562-3A812CFC1747.jpeg

Last edited:
As much as I'd love to see another stockman pattern I hope it is a few patterns away so that funds can be replenished.

Forgive me if this is sacrilege but I would love to see a large run of 77 barlows. They are such classic knives and GEC does them (and every other pattern) so well. Plus the price on the secondary market makes it next to impossible to own one or justify using a 77 for edc.

66 frame with clip and sturdy sheepsfoot. At least that’s what I heard from a friend of a friend. ;)

:thumbsup: Perfect every day companion. Only thing missing on my 66 jack is that sheepsfoot/coping secondary. ;)

Back