What’s next after the 23

I

I think Northwoods is every bit a GEC designed and manufactured knife.... I'd wager KSF paid a one time tooling charge for unique embossing and punch dies ..... GEC's obligation would be to maintain the tooling for use when KSF places an order.... I think GEC controls the intellectual property with little input from KSF other than handle material requests....
I won’t even begin to get into any of that, I read it somewhere that Derrick owned the dies for the frame shape. That’s the limit of my knowledge on it. Same as I read that the tc and nf barlow bolster dies are Charlie and Mike’s based on gentleman’s agreements between them and Bill respectively. I have no idea but haven’t seen any GEC TC or Northfield Barlow’s.

I won’t even begin to get into any of that, I read it somewhere that Derrick owned the dies for the frame shape. That’s the limit of my knowledge on it. Same as I read that the tc and nf barlow bolster dies are Charlie and Mike’s based on gentleman’s agreements between them and Bill respectively. I have no idea but haven’t seen any GEC TC or Northfield Barlow’s.
Yes. Derrick confirms that they had the tooling made by GEC in this video from 2013.

I’m excited about this run. Lots of potential, possibly some with bails?
Just making with the material they have on hand to keep the line running, so don't hold your breath.

Whatever it is, it will be good. With Covid, GEC has been hit just like everyone else and they will need to run a popular pattern to get back some of the losses.

Geoff

Whatever it is, it will be good. With Covid, GEC has been hit just like everyone else and they will need to run a popular pattern to get back some of the losses.

Geoff

I bet they couldn’t make enough stainless 15s. :D

No GEC#33 conductors in my collection yet. I think that the Tidioute GEC#33 is the knife for one arm me. The nail-nick is closer down the blade to the tip. Most Tidioute knives open more smoothly than the Northfields , because of this.

I’m surprised more people aren’t giddy with anticipation. The 33 hasn’t been done for awhile and has always seemed to have a cult following. I’m looking forward to picking up one of the Tidioutes.

Back