WHAT A WEEK........Drink advice needed.

My Favorite is as follows (tequila is my favorite liquor):

2 shots of Patron Anejo (the best there is, much smoother than silver or resposado)
2 shots Patron's new orange liquour, Citronage
1/2 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon of lime juice
2 large scoops of strawberry and banana frozen yogurt

Mix the above in a blender and eat with a spoon.

This actually sounds pretty good.

jazub,

I did not read your post before I posted mine above and am quite interested in trying some of the Tequilas you have listed, as I am always looking for a good tequila. I have not seen most of those you mentioned but will look for now.

Have you ever tried Don Julio's tequila's? If so, do you recommend?

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Mark,

Oh yeah, Don Julio is great. My lady and I finished off a bottle of Don Julio extra añejo I had at home a couple of months ago. Their regular añejo is good stuff, too (oaky and dry). Depending upon where you are, BevMo can have a surprising selection of great tequilas. 7 Leguas is one they normally have and their reposado was our standard behind-the-bar shot. 7 Leguas is the distillery that the brand Patron initially contracted to make their tequila for them. Patron subsequently (and unsuccessfully) attempted to buy them out. Great stuff -but there are way too many! :D

-J

I drank mojo in the Philippines when I was in the service. That stuff will help you forget for sure. I think it's a mixture of gin, rum, and God knows what else. It would make my face break out in a rash, and I blacked out several times. It's all good when you're in your twenties and partying with your buddies. Now I'm pretty much a scotch and beer man:D

Last edited:
I wana try an Irish Car Bomb! (No idea what that is....)

Garth,

Find solace in the bottle my friend...... Works for me!

Vote 2 for Beef's Captain Morgans (with real coke).

Lawrie.

Suirrl brains are vety good. Baileys irsh creamn and 151. Or vodkja is good mixer to.

Garth

You want a 252.....its a double shot 1part wild turkey 101 and Bacardi 151.....a couple of those and all will be well

I wana try an Irish Car Bomb! (No idea what that is....)
Lawrie.

I feel the need to help you with this.

3/4 glass of Guiness stout
1oz Bailey's Irish Crème
1oz Jameson Irish Whiskey

They're different, you have to drink them fast so the crème doesn't curdle. They're definitely not something I would want to drink a lot of. I do, however, have a recipe for Irish Car Bomb cake balls and I have been wanting to try it out. Thanks for reminding me about that. :D

Planning on a few cement mixers tonight. Take a shot of Baileys, hold in mouth and then sip lime juice and swish together. Good times.

Garth

Black coffee mixed with some good ol 96% (191 proof) is my favorite booze. We call it Karsk.

Shiner Bock and Rum.

Two slightly differing combinations.

In a Frosted Mug, start by adding your Rum (do it in order and the Beer does not foam), You choice, either 3 or four shots of 151, then add a 12 ounce Shiner Bock, or make it a Dessert Beer and start with 6 to 8 shots of Captain Morgan (Goes really well with fried Pork Rinds or Doritos)

For the Dessert Beer the easiest way is to use a regular cup measure for the rum (saves time)

Here I thought this was a "hardcore party" group......

NO ONE has suggested running an Everclear IV into a watermelon yet....*sigh*....I'm so disappointed.....

Prep in advance and there's no measuring, mixing or "spillage".....

Here I thought this was a "hardcore party" group......

NO ONE has suggested running an Everclear IV into a watermelon yet....*sigh*....I'm so disappointed.....

Prep in advance and there's no measuring, mixing or "spillage".....

I think that was on post #30

There is always the option of harry Buffalo with lots and lots of fruit, ya gotta love eating that tasty fruit. :thumbup: The fruit makes it healthy, right?

Well made it through today relatively well so this week is already looking better than last.

Garth

Back