What are you watching & why? (splain)

I started watching The Feed on Amazon but really couldn't get into it after 15 minutes which is a real disappointment because I was excited to see Michelle Fairley whom I have not seen since GoT (Lady Catelyn Stark). The reviews also seem to be so-so.

OK, I have also officially given up on See (Apple TV+). Seems to me that even Jason Momoa wishes he could jump outta character and burst into laughter from the ridiculousness of the lines/plot. Very sorry See fans, it's a turd!

BTW, what's the point of AppleTV+? They don't seem to have a lot of content yet to merit the monthly but they can kinda centralize other apps under the same A/TV+ app to make having a bunch of other apps reductive? You still have to pay for the other streaming apps though! Anyway, I understand that it's new and that they will increase content if they start getting very serious to compete with the likes of Netflix / Hulu in terms of original programming. BTW, they are giving 1 year free A/TV+ with the purchase of new AppleTV boxes but the current $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year isn't worth it, yet.

On a much more positive note: finished Crown S3 and it was excellent. Olivia Colman nailed it as the QEII in her midlife but I wasn't expecting Tobias Menzies to do such a great job as Prince Philip! Menzies even maned to humanize the ol' vampire, LOL!

Is it good?

Simple question which will get a loaded answer from me!

TL;DR version: our most legendary actors + Scoesese is not going to be bad but this is not the most resounding endorsement!

If this was a movie destined for the theaters, it wouldn't be a 3:15 hour motion picture! It is good / very good as sum of all its parts but it is not excellent. If you are a fan of Scoesese and mob movies, it is good if you are nostalgic in the sense that it you will see the kind of expressions and performances which you have seen in decades from the likes of De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel. These guys are now screen legends into their 70's and 80's so a feat like this is one for the ages if you happen to be a fan!

However if you watch it as an extreme critic, there are flaws and it is not really the best of any of them if you happen to have very high expectations for your 3+ hours. Like said before, you have seen this kinda performances from these screen icons when they were both younger and better. Shrugs!

Nathan-the-poopy-head is correct in the sense that this is a parade because rolls such as Peggy played later on by a high profile actress such as Ana Paquin was unnecessary to be played by her because it was such a minuscule roll without many lines. But then again this movie is an homage because of what I had stated as the outset so to be on screen with De Niro, Pesci, Keitel and Pacino + Scorsese under the same roof? Some of those other ought to have done it for free!

Ultimately I will side with Jo because Jo is NinJo and a lot more formidable than Nathan, if & when crossed :D

Last edited:
Simple question which will get a loaded answer from me!

TL;DR version: our most legendary actors + Scoesese is not going to be bad but this is not the most resounding endorsement!

If this was a movie destined for the theaters, it wouldn't be a 3:15 hour motion picture! It is good / very good as sum of all its parts but it is not excellent. If you are a fan of Scoesese and mob movies, it is good if you are nostalgic in the sense that it you will see the kind of expressions and performances which you have seen in decades from the likes of De Niro, Pacino, Pesci and Keitel. These guys are now screen legends into their 70's and 80's so a feat like this is one for the ages if you happen to be a fan!

However if you watch it as an extreme critic, there are flaws and it is not really the best of any of them if you happen to have very high expectations for your 3+ hours. Like said before, you have seen this kinda performances from these screen icons when they were both younger and better. Shrugs!

Nathan-the-poopy-head is correct in the sense that this is a parade because rolls such as Peggy played later on by a high profile actress such as Ana Paquin was unnecessary to be played by her because it was such a minuscule roll without many lines. But then again this movie is an homage because of what I had stated as the outset so to be on screen with De Niro, Pesci, Keitel and Pacino + Scorsese under the same roof? Some of those other ought to have done it for free!

Ultimately I will side with Jo because Jo is NinJo and a lot more formidable than Nathan, if & when crossed :D

I've started watching this today but the de-ageing stuff is really bad.

I've started watching this today but the de-ageing stuff is really bad.

Yes, that is definitely the most ridiculous part of it. De Niro is in his 70's so trying to make him look like in his 40's when he started painting house looks bad specially on these HDR TVs but hopefully the sum of all the parts will add to your viewing pleasure :)

Back